115 • the hyung

Part 5 | the Hyung | jjk pov

1"My little Jeonggukie!!!" The boy was shining, running up to his favourite maknae

1
"My little Jeonggukie!!!" The boy was shining, running up to his favourite maknae.

"Hobi Hyung!" Jeongguk was glad to finally have met his Hyung who lived in Gwangju.

"Ggukie, where shall we eat? I'll buy you anything and everything!" Hoseok's red hair was so perfectly bouncing in the warm summer breeze.

"Hyung, I'll buy, you're the one visiting Busan, I should be treating you!" Jeongguk lightly punched his Hyung's chest.

"Nonsense. I'm your Hyung." Hoseok's bright aura shined down the streets, earning smiles from everyone.

"You work at McDonald's Hyung!" Jeongguk patted Hoseok's firm back. "I've got you."

2
The two handsome boys were munching on their spaghetti and burgers, when one speaks up.

"Hyung.. are you really going to stay in Gwangju? Cause you could move in with me! Leave that horrible job, and I'll help you get one where I work!" Jeongguk wished his Hyung didn't have to live in that tiny house.
With his sister, mom, and dad.

"No. I'm going to stay in Gwangju, finish Medical school, and become a doctor like my mom always wanted me to do." Hoseok avoided eye contact.

The subject was pretty touchy, and Hoseok wasn't comfortable talking about it.

"But hyung, you could get a better house. And I think I'd be fun living with you." Jeongguk stopped eating to try and convince Hobi to move in with him.

"Jeongguk, my one goal in life right now is to make my mom finally proud. And so, I'm going to become a doctor. Also, I would never be able to last as a police. Anything scary makes my bladder want to combust."

The hyung's words made Jeongguk burst into laughter, making both him and Hoseok happy.

"But I'm glad you're happy Ggukie. It gives me energy." Hoseok grabbed a fry and airplaned it into Jeongguk's mouth.

"Thanks Hyung. You're staying over at mine for the visit right?" Jeongguk's smile grew wide and big. "Three weeks."

Hoseok nodded. "Three weeks."

2
The red head  was drunk, really drunk.

"Why am I such a failure Ggukie? Why can't my mom just be proud of who I am?" His words were slurred, yet Jeongguk could hear his heartbreak.

"Hyung, your mom is proud. I know it." Jeongguk held the surprisingly light boy, piggy backing him all the way back to his home.

"Jungkook, why don't I have a boyfriend? I don't want to die alone. Why doesn't anyone love me?" The boy wasn't crying, but anyone could hear the sadness in his drunken voice.

"Hyung, I love you! Don't ever say no one loves you, cause I do. And I'll never stop loving you Hyung." Jeongguk's Hyung was always a ball of happiness.

"Promise?" Hoseok lifted his dizzy head just for a second, to whisper into Jeongguk's ear.

"Promise."

Seeing him talk about serious issues made Jeongguk feel upset.
The Hyung he always loved and praised, hated himself.

If only he could see what Jeongguk sees.

"This is where you live? You're doing well aren't chya!" Hoseok let out a laugh, interrupted by a hiccup, followed by another.

Jeongguk ignored him, unlocking his front door, climbing up the long stairs and laying Hoseok onto his guest bedroom's bed.

"Goodnight Hyung, I'll see you tomorrow." The younger smiled, seeing Hobi already asleep, letting out gentle snores.

That's when the door bell rang.

It was 4AM on a Sunday.
Jeongguk's police mode turned on, him grabbing his house hand gun, and quietly heading towards the door. He practically crawled all the way to his peephole.

Out the peephole was a short, pale, boy with bright mint hair.

"Can I help you?" Jeongguk asked, after opening the door to the stranger.

"Is Hoseok here?" The boy asked, eyes red and puffy, his lips swollen looking like it was bitten on.

"Who are you? And how do you know where he is?" Jeongguk's eye brows furrowed.

"I-I'm Yoongi, h-his boyfriend. I came to see him?" Stuttering was the most obvious sign of lying. And Hoseok said he didn't have a boyfriend.

It was obviously a lie, and Jeongguk wasn't up for it.

"Have a nice day." He was about to shut the door when Yoongi places his foot down, pushing the door open with all his might.

"Please. I need to talk to him.." his eyes were glassy with tears and his words were basically cries.

"Y-yoongi?" The voice behind Jeongguk was Hoseok's, and it was quite obvious that he was now sober.
________

Who is Yoongi, and what does he have to do with Hoseok's past?