Chapter 55- Thrive

"This is so fun. I get to be a tour guide two years in a row," Viktor said as he, Blaine, Arti, and I wandered down the sidewalks of the Winterview University.

"Try not to sound too excited," I said.

"I can't. I never really thought I'd be friends with you guys when I first got here, but we've stuck together," Viktor said.

"I knew we'd all be best friends. I knew it from the very beginning," Arti said.

"No, you didn't. You and Amanda were too busy carrying torches and pitchforks and rioting in the streets," Blaine said.

Arti frowned. "That doesn't mean I'm not psychic. I just had a feeling that we'd all end up like this."

"I have a feeling that you're lying," Blaine said.

Viktor cleared his throat, cutting off their mini argument. "If you look over there, you'll see Sigma Kappa. That's Drew's sorority. I think she took over the president job after Caroline, uh, passed away."

"She's the president?" Arti asked.

"I think so. She told me that she'll treat the hockey team just as nicely as Caroline used to."

"Yes, bullying, lying, and cheating is very nice," I said, then looked up at Viktor.

"She invited us to every party," Viktor said.

I took a deep breath. "You're way too nice for your own good."

"Sorry," he said.

"Don't ever change." I smiled.

He smiled back at me, then turned back to his tour. "Over there is the library. I don't really know that much about it, though. I still haven't spent much time there."

I rolled my eyes.

Studying wasn't exactly his thing, even though he sure as hell wasn't stupid. He just had his priorities.

"I bet Amanda's nerd ass knows all about it," Arti said with a snicker.

"Amanda's nerd ass does. It's pretty cool, actually. It was redone in 2011, so it has plenty of space for my antisocial ass as well," I said.

"Ha, nerd." Blaine laughed.

"Ha, nerd who only pays a thousand dollars in tuition per semester because of her collection of scholarships," I said.

"It's not a competition, Amanda. And if it was, I'd be winning," Viktor said.

I shook my head. Damn athletes.

"Can we visit Drew?" Arti asked.

"She might not be here yet, but we can try," Viktor replied.

Arti's mouth turned upward into a big grin.

"Aw, she's in love. How adorable," Blaine said.

"I'm not in love, you fucking idiot. Love is for Disney movies, not badass bitches like me," Arti said.

Blaine cupped his hands around his mouth and shouted, "Arti's in love."

"Shut up! What if she hears?" Arti cried.

"This is a big step for you. You're actually trying to be a nice person instead of just stabbing someone in the heart, ripping it out of their ribcage, and then laughing at them," Blaine said.

"Sounds like you have some issues, not me."

I laughed, then looked over at Viktor, who smiled as he listened to the conversation.