Chapter 52- Emotionally Taxing

"Amanda, I'm serious. We have to leave now," Matt said.

I sat in my own room with no one but Tara to keep me company.

"Do you hear this bullshit? They actually want me to go to that bitch's calling hours. Ha. I don't support weak people who can't handle life and ruin everyone else's lives while they're at it," I said to the tarantula.

She didn't reply.

"Are you talking to yourself again?" Matt asked.

"No. Only weird people do that," I replied.

"Is she coming?" I heard Viktor ask.

"I'm trying to convince her to. She's pissed, though," Matt replied.

"Oh." Viktor fell quiet for a moment, then spoke again. "Why is she so mad?"

"She thinks Caroline ruined everything, and she's not exactly wrong there. They were similar, but there's one major difference between the two. Amanda can take responsibility for her actions and try to fix her mistakes, but Caroline blamed everyone else and took the easy way out."

I smiled.

Matt nailed my thoughts perfectly.

The only thing was that he completely ignored the fact that she treated Drew horribly, was only nice to me when it benefited her, and tore Viktor down while they were dating.

Plus, with the Winterview academic dishonesty scandal, what team would possibly be willing to take a chance on Viktor?

I could have respected her if she tried to help me fix it all, but she didn't. She just quit.

She had everything going for her: she was the president of her sorority Sigma Kappa, she fought for Drew against Dr. Mann, she acted as a manager for the men's hockey team, and she knew how to get what she wanted.

All of that was canceled out just because of one horrible fucking decision.

I couldn't respect that.

"Come on, Amanda, we really have to go," Matt said again.

I shook my head. "I don't understand why I have to go to this shit. She ruined everything, and I can't forgive cowardice. She was a bully, and that's all."

"Then be the bigger person and at least go to her memorial for five fucking minutes," Matt said.

"No."

"You have to."

"I don't have to do shit, Matthew. I'm capable of making my own decisions, and I can't support someone who treated people like shit to get what she wanted."

"Then don't go for Caroline. Go for Drew," Viktor said.

I thought for a moment.

I was lonely when mom died, but I sure as hell wasn't alone. Drew certainly deserved the same kind of support.

"Don't pull on my heartstrings like that. I'm a selfish ass bitch who—"

The door finally opened, and I trailed off when both Matt and Viktor walked into my room.

"No, you're not," Viktor said.

"Why don't you hate her? She ruined everything for you," I said.

"Hating people doesn't fix anything. We just have to keep going, even though we don't want to. Maybe I just wasn't meant to play in the NHL, and I'm okay with that, as long as you are."