19. WHAT A FOOL

SETH

"It was just an act."

"I know."

"I panicked. I saw that your Mom was really mad and if I don't do something, she'll probably grill us both and she will learn about us."

"Yeah. You don't have to explain. I'm sorry you have to see that."

"Hey, it's your life. No need to explain."

Silence. Was it really an act, Anna?  I wanted to believe you were hurt by it. Damn! I wanted you to tell me you were hurt.

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No!"

"Sorry I asked."

"She's not my girlfriend. I met her four months or so ago. She's married."

"She's having an affair with you?"

"I don't love her. It's just pure sex."

"Why? I mean, why her?"

"She's willing."

"Willing?"

"She's willing to donit with me without love. Without strings attached."

"But it's been four months. Don't you feel something for her!"

"Nope."

"That's impossible. You will feel something. I know that."

We're in the car going home from the office. My mother did not come with us anymore. She did not treat us that dinner that she so wanted to give us. We went home wittout eating. We're just abblock away from my condominium.

"I don't know Anna."

We we're silent for a while until we got in the elevator to our floor.

Then I asked her...

"During those six months that you allowed me to kiss you, have you developed some feelings for me?"

"Huh?"

"You heard me."

"I, uh....nope"

"My point exactly. Having sex with her for the past four month dis not make me fall for her. I wanted someone else. But I can not touch her."

"Huh?"

Push it more Seth and you either lose her or gain her. Try it...

"I don't know but I think I am feeling something for this one."

"You should tell her."

"I'm not sure if she's ready."

"Ready for what?"

"Ready for a commitment with me."

"She's probably afraid cause you're still married with me."

"Hmmm yeah, probably."

And the elevator opened to our floor. I went out first and got in the condo before her. I know that got her thinking. I want you Anna. It's you I want to sleep in bed with. It's you I want to have sex with. But I guess I will never get to do that.

ANNA

He likes someone else? I thought he liked me. But he said the girl might be afraid to get involved with him because he's stull married to her. So I am stopping him from falling for this girl. Can he not see me as ...someone who is willing to be his ... wife? I mean, I can be both. What are tou saying Anna? You can not be serious? Staying married to Seth Aaron would mean falling in love with him and sleep with him. Are you ready for that? Do you love him now?

I can be his wife. I am willing to do all that. Huh! Girl, you love him. You're in love! Oh damn, yes. That scene at his office was not an act. I was hurt. I am still hurt but I can't  do anything about it. Unless I prevent him from going to her. How? I can't posible go inside his room and tell him or strip. Oh damn! What have I gotten myself into?

"Anna, get ready. We're going to Baguio. We're running away from my parents. After the incident at the office, Mom will not let me rest this weekend."

"Okay Sir."