1. THE MEETING

Author:
Believe it or not, no matter how hard top billionaires like Carlos Slim, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates work, and no matter how much money they rake in, they will never be considered as equals by the old rich families that have been wealthy for centuries. These families view themselves as a class of their own, made up of only a few select few, and newcomers to the world of the rich are not allowed to barge in to their stratosphere.

Old rich families are those whose wealth have been merely inherited and passed down from generation to generation. They are not like the nouveau riche, whose wealth came fairly recently as a result of business and investment successes. Old rich families think of themselves as having ranks equivalent to those of European monarchy. They consider themselves as high society and quasi aristocratic, whose names alone are enough to conjure images of prestige and class.

They do not feature that prominently anymore in lists of the richest people on the planet, but nevertheless, they are still considered as the people on top of the world. Here now is a list of the old money families that have been richest the longest.

(SOURCE: Google)

The family name of the male lead is not one of the family names of the Aristocrats of America but since it's fiction I would like to make my own fictional last name to be an aristocrat/billionaire.

You are forewarned, EVERYTHING here is fictional. Even names of places and people are fictional. So please do not compare my facts to the real world.

MEET SETH

Seth Aaron ( ah-ron) belongs to an aristocrat family. It would have been easy for him to relax at home because his family practically built the city they live in. Their family name is written all of the place. I mean, the train station has their name on it. His great grandfather build the National Library, the Supreme Court building, the subway station and there are mansions all over town that carry their name. And not to mention the universities that they practically built and donated to the country. But Seth wanted to get out of the web he is in. He wanted to make an empire of his own. He is one of the ten heirs of their great grandfather, Seth and his cousins never fought as to who will manage the properties. His cousins and him are as close as ever. Seth being the youngest is the only unmarried heir of the Aaron family.

MEET ANNA

Anna is the only daughter of Henry Ortega a multi millionaire and a communication mogul. Despite the high tech age we now live on, Anna's family still follow the age old tradition of arranged marriage. Following their family's old tradition of getting married Anna's marriage would be decided not by a young couple's love, but by their parents' desires. Only after a matchmaker's introduction and when parents considered the two family conditions were similar and could be matched, would the marriage procedures go forward. Conditions that should be taken into consideration included wealth and social status. If a boy's family was well-off or an official family, his parents would never permit him to marry a girl from a poor family. (Source: Google)

Anna has dreams of her own and getting married to someone she barely knows and love is something she violently disapprove of. Trying to run away from home when she was younger was futile. Her parents being millionaires would always find her. Her fiance, John Sy is 26 years old considered a handsome Chinese and rich as she is. But his being handsome and rich are not enough reasons for Anna to wed him. But John won't take no for an answer.

SETH MEETS ANNA

SETH

"I'm on my way Mom. Of course I am not driving. Fred is the one driving for me."

I hate lying to Mom but sometimes I need to so I could go on with my everyday life. She worries that I might be too sleepy of I'll get mugged. She worries that ....

"Whoa! What the hell! Who are you?"

She got in the car as I got in and hid instead of sitting.

"Please get in and drive."

I could not see her in dark parking area. I was so surprised and shocked that I followed her command. I got in the car and drove out of our building's parking area. When we passed by the guard house, she continued to crouch in the passenger's seat. I was attempted to get out of the car and let the guards take care of her but she pleaded.

"Please Sir, if you just drive away from here I will get off the next stop. Just drive away from here. I will forever be indebted to you."

I dared not look at her but I could hear the fright and frustration in her voice. I heard her cry. I drove as fast away from my building into the traffic of the city. I will take her away from here, where she will feel safe and free maybe.

ANNA

The stranger has been driving for a good ten minutes when I sat up where I was crouching. Crouching so they won't see me. Crouching so he won't see me. I have ran away from home but they always found me. This time they won't. I left all my cards at home just taking my passpart and my school id with me. When I graduated last week I pretended to go along with all the planning of my wedding to John because I have not prepared all the things I will be needing. I am going to Turkey where I would be hiding for a while. My family will not find me there.

I looked at the man who is driving and I was shocked. It's Seth Aaron. THE Seth Aaron. Who on earth does not know him?

"After you're done staring, you could tell me where you want to get off so I could go on with the life I had before you jumped in my car!"

Sarcastic

"Oh I'm sorry Mr Aaron I did not know it was you. Uhm, you could just drop me off that stop please."

He did not say anything. He pulled at the stop. He did not look at me. He never looked at me. Before I got off I turned to him and thank him.

"Thank you so much Mr Aaron. Thank you so much."

He nodded and when I got off the car he sped off. That's when I saw John and his men at the other side of the road. I ran and they started running and chasing me. Oh God please no. I ran as fast as I could. But they are gaining on me. Then a car stopped and the driver called to me

"Get in!"

I looked at him. Mr. Aaron