9. MANILA

SETH

I'm married. I never thought that at 29 I will get married. Actually I never really intended to get married. I told myself that I will only het married when I see the woman who will love me because I did something not because I own an empire. I will get married to the woman who oversees my properties and my money. I will get married to the woman I will chase not the woman who chases me. With my wife. Damn! Really Seth...wife!With her, she's obviously not interested with my money. All she wanted was to leave  this country and get on with her life. Chinese tradition? Come on some of the Chinese children I know no longer follow this tradition. What is important they say is the happiness that you get from being married

"Sir, Mr John Sy is on line 3. He wants to talk to you Sir."

"Okay Janina, I'll get it."

And why is this jerk calling me?

"Hello."

"Seth, John Sy."

"Oh John, may I know the pleasure of this call?"

"You know why. Why did you get what's not yours?"

"And what is that?"

"Not what Seth, WHO."

"You mean Anna?"

"Yes I mean Anna."

"Oh, why John, you ran out of women to play with? Why don't YOU go and look for another one and not zeroing on my girlfriend?"

"Wait! Wait here. What hirlfriend are
You saying? She's mine Sethe. She has always been mine."

"Says who John? I know that when she and I became a couple a year ago she was not owned by anyone, not her father and not even you."

"Don't you know traiditions? You do not have respect traditions."

"John, for Pete's sake it's the 21st century and no one believes traditions anymore. Well except if you are really interested with other things. Let's face it. You don't love Anna. I bet after you marry her, you will just let her stay in one corner nursing her ego."

"And you love her? Seth! Seth! Men like you do not know love. I know you do not love her."

"John, before you even talk about my wife, yes you heard it right, my wife, you better stop now and keep your peace. I tell you if you ever cross that line and talk bad about her, I will make it sure that your family will go broke before the year ends. And you know I can do it."

"Let's see Seth. Let's see. You know I do not give up easily. As for Anna, I'll take her back from you....yes one day I'll get her back."

"Just try it you bastard and I will make sure you will regret it for the rest of your dear life."

click

That jerk. Damn, if Anna got married to her, she's doomed! John is as hard headed as I am. He's a good businessman and gets whatever he wants... IF, I have no interest in the object he wants . Well we have not crossed paths yet cause we avoid each other, so I would not know this time. He wants what I have. Damn. I have to talk to Anna about this.

Author
I am rewriting this in English. Sorry