Chapter 15: True Self

Harun laid sprawled on top of Kaval. He silently counted each rise and fall of his chest. Soon he pressed his face into Kaval's neck, feeling the light beat of his heart there. It was slick with sweat but he did not mind. He was smooth and soft. There was no better pillow than him. He licked up the side of it and placed a soft kiss there, wanting to taste the saltiness of his skin.

"Kaval," Harun whispered near his ear.

"Mm."

Harun kissed his cheek, causing Kaval to open his eyes and smile.

"Do you know what a Blood Oath means?"

"Blood... Oath?"

Kaval tried to rise, but Harun pressed him back down with his index finger.

"Harun, what have you done?" Kaval reached for Harun's cheek, but he turned his head away.

"The mark there."

"You can see it? I am surprised."

"It is seared into your flesh." Kaval touched it carefully as if it would hurt. Harun did not flinch away, this time. Instead, he trailed his fingers down Kaval's hand and smiled. All of his markings had shown then. They trailed down his back. It was no secret, but Harun did not like when they showed. He ignored them, however, and focused back on Kaval.

"It is nothing. There were some words exchanged. Nothing more."

"But this mark--"

"A promise. I made a promise."

"A what?"

Harun gave him a soft kiss before deepening it. When they separated only a string of saliva and silence was all that was left between them.

"You ask too many questions," Harun murmured. He stared into Kaval's dark gray eyes, resisting the urge to kiss him again. He would want his blood and he already had taken some the night before.

"As you ask too little. Do not become too curious about that blood demon, Harun."

"You have seen him?" Harun fully rose from over Kaval. "Is he not gorgeous?" Kaval cut his eyes away from him but he turned it back.

"He has such pretty eyes. An eye color I have never seen before. And his skin and hair. They are very beautiful, so much so I want to have him myself."

"You made a Blood Oath because of mere lust? Where is your mind in all this?"

Harun snaked his hand down Kaval's thigh, causing Kaval to hold his breath. He grabbed between Kaval's legs and stroked slowly. 

"The same place your mind was at last night," Harun smirked and let go. "A minor thing." 

"Harun."

"A minor thing. I will have him and then I will be done."

Harun stood in all his nakedness. Kaval followed behind him, but Harun paid him no mind. He had to find his clothes, so he could leave Kaval and his questions behind him. When he found a shirt, Kaval draped a lighter shirt over his head. Harun found the armholes well enough and pulled the shirt down. Kaval came back with trousers, causing Harun to sit back down on the bed and sigh. 

"Kaval, I do not need your help with this. How many times must I say it? You are not my servant. You are a friend. A dear friend and I want to treat you as such." 

Kaval ignored him and continued to dress him. 

"Kaval," Harun growled. "He told you, did he not? Not to blur the lines between what this is and what you are to me? Ignore him as you blatantly ignore me. Our relationship is ours and ours alone."