Chapter 9.5: Revelations

Cyrus' hair tickled Ari's nose, causing him to stir from his sleep. His chest pressed against Ari's. When Ari moved, his hand brushed up against such soft skin. Slowly, Ari rose his head up from near his neck and looked to see if Cyrus was still sleeping. A pair of green eyes stared back, which made Ari tuck his head right back into the nape of his neck.

"You drool."

Ari closed his eyes, feeling his own saliva rubbing onto his skin from his movements. He felt some at the side of his bottom lip. It made him grow terribly self-conscious and highly aware of everything that had happened last night.

Cyrus moved away from him before cupping his face in his hand. They were so warm along with his eyes. There was a bit amusement found in them, but Ari found something else in them all together that made his heart writhe and beat in excitement. Cyrus gave him a small kiss and wiped away the lingering drool.

"There is not a charming thing about you... "

Ari saw dried blood on his neck. He smelled and tasted the sweat on his skin mingling with his natural scent. Ari took a deep inhale before pressing his face back into his neck. Cyrus was a tetchy person whom he had grown accustomed to. His words speckled with salt hid his true words underneath.

"And... you smell."

Ari laughed into his skin and held him tighter. "What do I smell like?"

"... Sweat... sweat and strawberries... "

"And taste?"

"Taste?"

"What do I taste like?" Ari asked, loving the sound of his voice so near his ear.

"Morning, most likely now."

Ari did not know Cyrus could speak so many words in such a small amount of time. He was very reserved and kept speaking to a minimum. At least around him.

"...And Auovin... What does he smell like?"

Cyrus gently grabbed Ari by his sides and pulled him away from himself.

"Why do you ask?"

"I am curious... "

"Wine... " Cyrus answered.

"And taste?"

"The dark, bitter kind of wine that aged well with time."

"I never had wine," Ari said. "How does it taste?"

"Bitter, sour, and repugnant."

"Is that why you dislike it? His blood, I mean."

"Why so many questions?"

"Because I want to know things."

A ghost of a smile appeared on Cyrus' lips before it disappeared as quick as it came.

"Why not ask him yourself then?"

Ari took his hand through his hair. It needed to be brushed and combed. His fingers kept getting stuck between some hairs. Still, Cyrus was very pretty and the way he looked at Ari made him want to kiss him, so he could taste him. He would taste like mint and honey, Ari thought very sure of himself.

"Because I like your voice and the way you speak... how soft it is and close it is... " Ari murmured. "You should speak more and you should smile more. They are quite pretty... "

"You wake up with sweet words dripping from your mouth. I am not a fan of sweets and sugar, however."

Cyrus made a movement to rise, but Ari quickly pushed him back down with a kiss. Cyrus opened his mouth, inviting Ari to explore more. Ari moved onto Cyrus and tilted his head in a way to where he could press deeper inside.Before Ari could elicit that moan Ari wanted to hear come from him, Cyrus separated from him. Cyrus wet his lips and looked at him with narrowed eyes.