Chapter 12.1: Two Sides

Ari glanced at Auovin and saw a pair of honeyed colored eyes gazing right into his. He did not want Auovin so close because he could not think properly. Some other part of himself would take over and he would make rash decisions. Ari bit down on his lip as warm breath traveled up his neck. He sank his hands in the dirt, trying his best not to act on his growing want for him. Ari had great self-discipline once before. With them, it seemed to dissipate or be as if it were never there.

"Would you like to hear it?" Auovin murmured.

Ari nodded.

"I will tell it to you as long as if you do not turn around. The moment you do, I will stop."

"Why?"

"Must I give you a reason?"

Ari kneaded his brows and looked out into the lake.

"Where is Cyrus?"

"Somewhere."

"Somewhere?" Ari fought the need to turn around and face him. He made himself stay put causing him to grab more dirt in his hands. "What do you mean by somewhere?"

Auovin only responded with more silence. His eyelashes tickled Ari's neck as the silence between them became deafening.

"He is your... " Ari struggled to find the right word to describe the relationship between the two of them; it was hard. He did not know much about them and how they came to be with one another.

"My what?"

"Has he done something wrong... to you? You care for him, yet you are acting as if you never have right now. I do not like it."

Auovin let out a low laugh and pressed Ari closer into his chest.

"You tell me you do not like it when I speak of him when it is just us here alone, and now you want me to. What exactly do you suppose I do?"

Ari closed his eyes growing hot with embarrassment. He knew what time Auovin was referring to, but that was when Auovin was ignoring him and only spoke to him to inquire about Cyrus' whereabouts. That and now were two completely different things, but Ari did not bother to argue with him about it.

"I have not seen him since you left, so I-- "

"I did not leave. You did. I just was not there when you came back."

There was a bite in his voice that Auovin hid well, but Ari knew he was upset by it almost instantly. However, they were side-tracking and it was Ari's fault. He wanted to know of Auovin's past. Cyrus could wait for now. There was no point in making him upset when he was close to telling him something he has been wanting to hear for awhile now.

"Did you expect me to be?" Auovin asked.

"No... I did not, but I wish you were."

"Oh?"

"Because I missed you and I was worried... that you would do something reckless," Ari mumbled.

Auovin smiled against his neck. His lips slipped down to the base of his shoulder. "I believe you are the more reckless one. Following me into lands you know not a thing about."

"It does not matter. I am here now and I have found you."

"Not without adversity," Auovin noted.

"Nothing is easy when it involves you."

Ari felt his teeth biting lightly onto his collarbone. Quickly, Ari moved away before they could sink in further. Ari would become distracted by the pleasure and pain that bite would bring him and he did not want that.