Chapter 11.1: Clandestine

Ari woke to a sleeping Sai beside him. Sai's arm draped around him, hitching Ari's shirt up which Ari did not mind. Ari took Sai's hand in his looking at it for a moment before pressing a soft kiss in between his knuckles. When Sai did not stir, Ari looked at him. Sai's curls were as wild and untamed as ever. With his hair sprawled every which way, Ari could not help but think he was gazing at a beautiful painting drawn with such meticulous care and love.

It was true Ari was hopelessly in love with a man that seemed to have no intention of reciprocating those feelings, but Ari could not help but love him anyway. With him, he could forget even if it were for a few moments. He could forget everything. That kind of feeling was one that could only be felt with him, Ari was sure. Ari stared at his lips, wanting to kiss him, but he thought better of it. Instead, Ari rose from the bed. He stopped the moment he smelled the scent of mint wafting from the bed. He smelled the sheets and immediately thought of Cyrus. Had he been there? And with him? Intimately. Ari furrowed his brows and looked to Sai again.

Sai stirred from his sleep and gave Ari a fleeting glance. He combed his fingers through his hair before yawning. As he rose from the bed, Ari stopped him with some words.

"Cyrus was here."

"Was he?"

"He was in your bed. You...and him are... "

"We are compatible, my blood and his, but that is all."

Ari shook his head in disbelief he had not noticed this until now.

"Is this where Cyrus would disappear off to?"

"Are you jealous?" Sai asked with a smile tugging on his lips.

"No, what reason would there be for that..." Ari came closer to his side of the bed and pressed a knee in between his legs, "when the very thought of that makes me fill with want?" Ari said as he whispered in his ear. As he backed away, Sai's face became an assortment of reds and pinks.

Ari was not lying when he said that. Cyrus and him together... The very thought made his groin stiffen. Was it such an outlandish thought to have to make Sai have an expression as that? Ari lingered at his lips and covered them with his not long after. Sai tasted of morning, but Ari did not mind. Ari's fingers tangled inside of Sai's hair when Ari ran his hand through it.

Sai's back pressed against the bed as Ari deepened the kiss. Surprisingly, Sai did not push Ari away. Sai kissed him back, but only lightly and not as passionately as Ari would have liked. No matter what he did, Sai would not see him the way as he saw him, it seemed. Still, Ari would try. Ari wanted Sai as his and would have him no matter how long it took.

The smell of mint came from Sai's neck. Ari backed away and looked on at Sai. He wondered if they truly had done what he thought they did, even with Sai's revulsion of it.

"Cyrus and I did... do things, but you do not mind?"

Ari blinked a couple of times trying to beat away the image. He only had sex but once in his life with one person. The thought of two people made his face hot, but Ari hid his desire well with a small smile.

"All that matters is if you are well. I had missed you and the thought of you with Cyrus... it does not bother me at all. But... Auovin and Cyrus... Where are they?"

"I do not know," Sai stated matter-of-factly.

"Tell me."

"Ari... "

"I said I would not abandon him in this and I will not."

"Ari, what he is doing, do you know? Do you fully understand it?"