Chapter 13.1: Undone

Ari tasted bits of mint and felt the warmth of Cyrus' hands brushing up onto his sides as he lifted his shirt. It sent tingles down Ari body by the way he touched him. It was as if he knew exactly where to place them. They were just as warm and soft as his lips Ari could not help but think. He loved the way they felt against his skin. But there was also something within those touches that made Ari uneasy. Ari did not know why but it did.

Ari wanted to so badly ignore those feelings and continue to focus on Cyrus. However, he could not without acknowledging them. If something was bothering him, Ari wanted to know. Ari already had an idea of what it could be already. And there was no answer Ari could ever give him to comfort him. Auovin had a way of doing that to him as well. Yet Ari always found comfort in the smallest words or touches from Cyrus. Ari hoped it would be the same for him. Perhaps, he was wrong.

The moment their lips separated, Ari peeled his eyes open and gazed into a pair of slit green ones. There was apprehension in those eyes filled with so much warmth and love that Ari wanted to be given. Surely, he would give it as well. If only Cyrus would let him. Ari bit his bottom lip before running a sliver of his tongue against it. He could still taste Cyrus on his lips.

No words were said between them. Still, Cyrus continued walking his fingers up and down his chest and sides as if trying to resist a sweet temptation. 

"I lied... " Cyrus mumbled.  Ari's eyes shot up to him instantly. 

"... About not liking sweet things... " 

"I know." Although Ari was listening, he could not help but be distracted by Cyrus' wandering hands. They made small unbidden shivers run down his body. "Half the things you say, I do not take at face value." 

"Oh?"

Soon they stopped at his hips causing Ari to close his eyes. Ari wanted to rid himself of the cloud of lust that filled his head with such steamy thoughts and images. He wanted to concentrate, but his body was betraying him as it usually did when came to physical touch.  

"I do the same with Auovin."

Cyrus sat up at Ari's confession. He continued to stay on top of him which distracted Ari more than before. He was nothing but gorgeous, and he was his. That thought alone caused a warm fuzzy feeling in his chest that he got often since the last time they were as intimate. This time it was a little different, though. Ari could not place his thumb on what it was. Not yet.

"Because you both do not tell me anything. And when you do it is filled with half-truths. I do not know what to believe... and it confuses me. Like now, there is apprehension in your eyes. I do not know why and you most likely will not tell me."

Cyrus pursed his lips before letting a small smile slip past. 

"It is hard to not walk on a path designed specifically for you. Not when someone can already foresee the decisions you will make. He knows me far too well. After resisting for so long, here I am playing right into his hands... It makes me filled with anger... and helplessness. Do not misunderstand. There is no apprehension in loving you. Just what may happen when I do," Cyrus whispered, barely audible.

Ari was at a loss for words. Out of everything he could have said, Ari did not anticipate those words coming from his lips.

"I am conflicted." His eyes were sparkling with tears now. Even then he looked pretty. Ari did not know what to do. He always seemed to ask the right questions at the wrong time. It was always Cyrus that provided him the comfort and not him, after all. 

"It is Auovin. I know it is. Do not think to carry this burden yourself. Tell me, and surely we will come to a solution together. But, until then... "