80: The Coma

--Time Jump-- (A/N: I don't know how long, because I'm not familiar with how much time passes in the show, but the time jump went from basically Season 5 Episode 8 or 9 of the series to Season 6 Episode 6. Note that Emma/Madelyn has been in the Coma this whole time.)

Emma's/Madelyn's P.O.V

My eyes slowly blinked open. I now was wearing a hospital gown, though, I didn't seem to be in a hospital. It was more like some form of hotel room or something. I didn't know what was going on, I don't understand why I'm here. I don't know why I'm here...

I don't even know who I am. I couldn't tell you the slightest thing about myself, that is, beside physical appearances, which are clear to anyone.

I felt weak, I can't remember why though.

There was a needle in my arm, seemingly attached to an IV bag. I took the needle out. I don't know how I remember these things, but don't remember any valuable information about myself. I just know it is dangerous to have someone else's needle inside of you, and I hope whoever put it in me knows the same.

I was beginning to stand up and walk over to the door. That was the only opening of the room, there weren't even any windows.

As I was walking to the door, I heard it unlocking, and I steadied myself, ready to attack anyone I needed to.

I seen a man who seemed to be a doctor along with another man who was dressed in a leather jacket and carried around a baseball bat with barbed wire.

"Put the needle down." The man in the doctor's coat said.

"He needs to put the bat down first." I remarked.

"Lucille against a needle..?" The man in the leather asked, it was clear that if anything, the bat would do more damage than the needle. I was just confused as to what he meant by Lucille. I was kind of dumb, but I was scared. The man made a face hinting at how ridiculous I sounded before putting the bat down outside of the door.

I dropped the needle to the ground.

When the man in the leather came back, he began, "Truth is, kid. I'm glad to see you're okay."

I looked at him confused.

"Am I supposed to know you?" I asked.

"You don't remember him?" The doctor butted in.

I shook my head no. I don't even know myself.

"How can you not remember your own father?" The man in the leather butted in.

I noticed the doctor look at him confused, but he went along with it.

"I-I'm sorry." I stated.

"No, no. This isn't your fault." The doctor reassured me.

I nodded, unsure.

"Do you by chance remember your name?" The doctor asked me.

I thought for a second. Nothing even felt familiar.

I shook my head no.

"Well, your name is Madelyn." The man in the leather piped up. "You're my daughter."

I nodded. I didn't know if I could fully believe him or not.

"Do you remember anything about the world or your life before you woke up?" The doctor asked me.

"No.. not really. I think I'm like fourteen or fifteen, I don't remember a house or my parents, or any friends." I said.

"So you don't know about the walkers?" The man who claimed to be my father asked.