37: Crush

Emma's P.O.V
It's been quite a while since the people of Woodbury joined us. It's kinda like we have our own little town here.

Rick and Carl have been farming along with the help of Hershel.

Beth's been taking care of Judith.

Carl has become pretty good friends with Emily, Taylor, Patrick, and Jarod. I'm pretty good friends with Patrick and Jarod, but it's obvious that Emily and Taylor don't like me.

My mom and I have become close. She's tried to get close to Daryl again but he isn't letting her. Which, I'm kinda glad about. I don't want them together anymore. My mom messed that up a long time ago.

I learned my mom and Merle were dating, and that Merle is now dead. I also learned that Andrea is now dead. 

Beth and I have became pretty good friends too. She's great, she's really easy to talk to too, but she doesn't really know that much about me or stuff that has happened. I'm definitely gonna tell her though.

Now that I think about it. Beth only knows the basic stuff everyone does. She knows my mom beat me, and that I have known Rick longer than my dad. She doesn't know anything about Carl and I, or anything that happened with The Governor.

Speaking of The Governor, nothing has happened with him since we got the people of Woodbury here.

The women of Woodbury are all head over heels for my dad. I've heard some of the things they say about him, and they make me want to throw up.

Back on topic of Carl, nothing has really changed between him and I. I'm still his best friend, he's still mine. I still have a hopeless crush on him too.

I can tell so does Emily, but she hasn't known him as long as I have, she doesn't know him like I do. Taylor clearly has a crush on Jarod.

Today, we're having some people go out. My dad, my mom, Sasha, Tyreese, Beth's boyfriend and Jarod's older brother Zach, a new guy named Bob, and Jarod since his brother is going. They're going to a place named Big Spot that fell early, no one has been there since. The military set up there in the beginning but has vanished.

Carl and I still aren't allowed to have our guns. I could go out and have my gun back if I wanted to, but I'm not gonna do that while Carl is stuck playing farmer.

Everyone is about to leave for Big Spot and I gave everyone a hug, I've started doing that. You never know what could happen and all these people have become so important to me.

Beth hugged Zach goodbye as well. I went to go talk to Carl in the field at the farming area but I saw he was already talking to Taylor and Emily.

I took a deep breath. I wasn't ready to deal with Emily flirting with him. I don't know what will be said, and I'm not in the mood for pettiness. So, instead I go after Beth to her cell.

When I get there I see she's taking care of Judith and we're the only ones in our cell block.

"Hey Beth. Need any help with Judith?" I asked.

"No not really, but you're welcome to hang around." She said.

"Okay." I paused a moment. "I feel like we should get to know each other more." I said.

"Okay, you start." She said.

I stood there puzzled for a moment but then caught on. "Okay, how about the fact that I have a hopeless crush on my best friend." I said.

"Wait... you like Carl?" She asked pretty shocked.

"I thought it was super obvious." I said chuckling a bit.