74: Savior

Carl's P.O.V

Gabriel drew walkers back to the church and got us all locked outside. Maggie, Glenn, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, and Tara all came back right in time.

They were in a firetruck and invited us to get on, once Michonne told Maggie that Beth was still alive, we were on our way to Grady Memorial Hospital.

I was worried because I know how Valerie was gonna get the fight started, and I don't want anything to happen between Emma and I. I don't want anything bad for our relationship to come out of this.

"Carl, it's not even that bad. Just think, she's probably off flirting with some other guy right now." Valerie said.

"I don't even consent to this." I said.

Michonne looked over skeptically with Judith in her arms.

"You don't have to." Valerie said.

"Don't expect me to kiss back. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm in love with Emma." I said.

"She's not even thinking about you right now." Valerie said.

"I don't expect her to think about me all the time. She has other things in life besides me." I said.

"Then you can have other things in life besides her. Just like another kiss with someone that's not her." Valerie said.

"I don't want to." I said.

Michonne interrupted, "Valerie, just leave him alone. He doesn't want you now, he's not gonna want you after the fight. As much as it sucks to hear, you've gotta move on. There's other guys out there, spend your time on them, not Carl." Michonne said.

Valerie crossed her arms are slammed back in her seat.

"Thank you." I mouthed to Michonne.

Emma's P.O.V

There were a few words exchanged between the two groups, but we shortly began our trade.

I let Carol get traded off first, after all, she was the only one without a weapon. Dad hugged Carol when she got back over there.

Then I let Beth go, she got many hugs from everyone else when she was over there.

Lastly, I was the one to go. I walked over and got a hug from Rick and Dad. I smiled at each of them.

We were about to leave, but Dawn had to make things worse.

"Wait. I need Noah back, the deal was three. Without him, I'm a man short." Dawn said.

"No." Beth said.

"It's okay." Noah said.

"No it's not, I'm sure they can survive just fine without you." I said.

"It's okay." Noah said.

I glared at Dawn as Beth stepped up and hugged Noah.

"I knew you'd be back." Dawn said quietly, but I heard.

I looked at her with daggers, Dawn was the most manipulative person I had ever met.

Beth walked up to her.

"I get it now." Beth stated and pulled her gun out and shot Dawn in the head.

Everyone from the hospital raised their weapons, and everyone from our side raised their weapons. I didn't pull my knife out at all, it'd be useless against guns.

"Hold your fire!" A girl from the other side said. "It was about her, it was only ever about her."

Everyone lowered their guns.