5:Car Alarm

Emma's P.O.V
Morgan began to explain how every night the walkers would just pile in the streets there were more due to the car alarm going off, he explained that all we could do was shut all the lights off, be as silent as possible and wait for this whole thing to blow over. Rick and I got curious so we walked over to the window and made a small part in one of the blankets covering the window bug enough for us to look through using one eye. Duane came over and that's when he gasped and ran away. Morgan explained that his wife/Duane's mother, Jenny Jones, was out there. He pointed her out and she started to walk up the porch. It was like she wanted to comfort Duane and come back to both Morgan and Duane but this illness wouldn't let her. She started twisting the door knob, she acted so much like she was alive it was crazy.

Eventually we all ended up falling asleep.

~Morning~
Rick's P.O.V
I was the first up, when I got up the car alarm was silent and the streets were empty. I made sure the coast was clear and snuck out of the house, I needed to know if Lori and Carl were okay so I went back to my house.

When I got there the door was cracked open, my hope started to fade and I ran throughout the house panicking and shouting for Lori and Carl over and over. I noticed that the drawers were emptied slightly. The drawers weren't completely empty though it seemed like whoever was here took just enough clothes to survive on. Another thing I noticed was pictures were gone, all the picture albums and the ones off the wall, my wedding ring was missing from my finger too. The only things I had left to give me hope was no one would just come in and take our pictures for no reason and what would anyone do with my wedding ring nowadays, money doesn't matter anymore, therefore my ring wasn't worth anything so why would anyone steal it. The only person I could think of that would keep those kind of things would be Lori.

Emma's P.O.V
I woke up and Rick was missing, I decided to let Morgan and Duane sleep, they deserved to get some rest. I made sure the house was secure and left, I wanted to go back to my house I wanted to get a couple of things and then I'd be set for a while. I walked to the other side of town, I saw Rick but I don't think he saw me.

"Hey Emma! Where you going?" Rick half shouted. I looked over and started to walk towards him and he walked towards me. "I wanted to get a few things from my house, it's on the other side of town but I'll be back later." I explained. Rick offered to come with me, I knew if I went back I would get emotional and in front of Rick I wanted to stay strong, for some reason I wanted him to think highly of me. I didn't have a reason for him to think highly of me, I just felt the need of his approval. I could tell Rick knew I was a strong person but I didn't want him to think differently of me. "Rick, if you want to come with me you can. I trust you but I'm scared of what might happen if you come with me." I said, I decided to just warn him of me getting upset instead of just breaking down out of nowhere. Rick seemed confused but hid it well besides his question, "What do you mean?" He asked. I began, "My mom beat the crap out me in that house, hell she almost killed me in that house, if I'm there the memories are gonna come back and it's gonna hit me all at once. I want you to think highly of me, I'm too sure why yet but I feel the urge to impress you and I just don't want you to think lowly of me." I immediately regretted telling him that, but oh well it kinda felt good to get it off my chest.

Rick's P.O.V
I was kinda of surprised when Emma told me she wanted me to think highly of her. "If it makes you feel any better, I see you as a really strong girl and everyone has their demons that they deal with." I said giving her a friendly smile afterwards hinting toward the fact that I meant every word I said. "Thank you." She responded I could tell she was grateful for that just by the tone of her voice, and with that we were off to her house.
-------------------------------------------------------------- I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I might be updating a lot right now but that's just because I love writing and love expressing different characters throughout my writing. Anyways thank you for reading! Don't forget to Vote and Comment!