12:Its All My Fault

Emma's P.O.V
*About 3 Days have passed from now to the last chapter*
We've all decided to go to the CDC, we're really close. Morales and his family left, I'll miss him. He helped save my life. We left Jim on the side of the road. Ever since that night I've had nightmares of all the people at camp shrieking due to their pain of being ripped apart or pleading for someone to save them, after the nightmares come the panic attacks. No ones noticed them. I've become good at hiding them, all my years of practice. All those people died because of me, if I never left post on the R.V all those people would still be alive, I could've prevented it. I really hope Andrea will forgive me, along with everyone else, Andrea's loss (Amy) seemed to be the most affective towards a single person and the whole group.

I'm with my dad in his old pickup, it's nice being just him and I. I feel safe around him. It makes me happy.

"Hey, kiddo. You really think anyone will be here?" Daryl asked.

"I'm not too sure, Rick seems to think so. I trust his judgement far more than Shane's. Shane was the only person who disagreed with him." I reply blankly.

His only response was a nod.

"I'm sorry, I'm really bad at conversations." I say kinda giggling.

"Same here kiddo, must've gotten that from me." He said, I giggled even more.

"Thank you." I say clearly happy.

"For what?" He asks.

"When I first confronted you about the fact that you're my father, I didn't know how you'd take it. Heck I didn't even know if you'd believe me. I sure had no clue how I expected you to take it," I pause a moment ",what I'm really trying to say here is thank you for handling that so well and... and... just thank you." For once I feel sure of the words that came out of my mouth. THIS DAY NEEDS TO GO DOWN IN HISTORY!!! I get a little too excited over small things, I'm still really awkward. This whole "take over" thing hasn't changed that.

We both smiled. I see us developing a nice relationship, assuming nothing bad happens. Oh god! I really need to not think like that.

I started to fall asleep. I must've slept for quite a while, because we were at the CDC when I woke up. I didn't have that nightmare. I wonder if that has anything to do with Daryl.

We start piling out of every vehicle we have. Rick, Carl, Lori, Carol, and Sophia in one car, Daryl and I in Daryl's old truck and I assume that Glenn and everyone else was in the R.V.
We book it to the front door of the CDC there's military trucks and tanks here, it appears that all the people in the military have been turned. The door isn't too far. We arrive soon. We start beating on the door, everyone besides Rick quickly loses hope. Rick screaming into a camera, pleading for them to take us in. No answer. I began to pay close attention to the small things, I've always had a quality for this, I'll tell ya if you're arguing with someone and you point out a small detail in something they said it'll piss em off real quick. I noticed a camera move, I'm assuming Rick did too because he got even more angry when the doors didn't open. I mean I don't blame him but this building seems to be run by computers. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a computer that moved the camera and not a person. I was too focused on the details to really comprehend what Rick said but that must've hit whoever was in there pretty deeply because the doors opened almost instantly after that.

A man came walking out, just one man. He introduced himself, "Hi, I'm Dr.Edwin Jenner" he must have an odd sense of humor considering he gripped his shotgun even more tightly as he skimmed over all of us.

"What do you want?" Dr.Edwin asked

"A chance." Rick responded.

"Well that's asking an awful lot these days."