27: No Him, No Me

Emma's P.O.V

I didn't get locked in a room alone this time. I was with Daryl.

I decided to take this opportunity, just incase anything happens to either of us.

"Dad." I said getting his attention.

He looked at me differently, I've never called him dad before.

"If anything happens to either of us I just want you to know I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said.

There were two of The Governor's men in the room who looked intrigued by this conversation. One of them left but came back not too long after.

No one here knows I'm Daryl's daughter besides my mom.

We weren't in this room very long. We were yanked up and had bags put over our heads.

I didn't know if I was still with Daryl or not so I just went along with it in hopes that him and I would be together.

I heard The Governor talking but it was muffled. I could tell Daryl was with me because I could feel two extra people present and there was only one guy with me.

"We haven't had a night like tonight in a long time. For a while I was beginning to forget that there were people out there who want what we have. Those people are terrorists let in by one of our own... Merle Dixon. We have managed to capture two of the terrorists." I knew that was the cue for Daryl and I to be brought out over dramatically.

Daryl was taken out, "One of them, Merle's own little brother." The Governor said.

"The other one," I was brought out and the bag was taken off my head. "... this little girl. She is Daryl's daughter, making her Merle's niece." I stood there with the crowd boo-ing me. I inched closer to Daryl.

The Governor now had an eye patch on. Merle looked from me to Daryl in confusion. I scanned the crowd and saw Andrea and my mom in shock.

"These people tried to take this place from us! What do you think we should do to them?" The Governor shouted out.

The crowd started screaming for them to kill us. I bet they'd feel the same way about The Governor if they knew what he did to Glenn, Maggie, and I.

Andrea and my mom got to the Governor and started talking to him. I don't know what was said but they didn't look too happy.

"Alright, Daryl, Emma, Merle. You heard the people. Only one of you is gonna get to live. Only under one condition though; you're not allowed to come back. Only one winner and they will take all. Now let the fight begin." The Governor said quite joyful.

"You guys know me, and I'm gonna do whatever I gotta do to prove myself." Merle said ending his sentence whilst punching Daryl.

I quickly punched Merle in Daryl's defense, as a matter of fact, I punched Merle so hard that it knocked him over.

"What're you doing?" I heard Daryl whisper as they were fighting.

"Just follow my lead baby brother." Merle said.

Well Merle said follow his lead and I need an excuse to hear that so I went up to Merle and punched him once more.

After Merle was off of Daryl, I helped Daryl up, thats when he told me to just go along with it. By then Merle was off the ground and all three of us went into a circle, back to back, ready for anything.

Almost instantly someone fired guns at the residents of this place. A smoke bomb was also thrown in here. The smoke bomb gave away who it was, it was our people. Daryl, Merle, and I all ran towards the exit. We were joined by Maggie and Rick and we escaped.