79: The Sanctuary

Emma's P.O.V

He removed the gun from my head.

"So, you're not going to kill me?" I asked.

"Usually, when we come across new people, I just choose someone random and shoot them right in the head, but since there's only one of you, and you managed to impress the shit out of me. I'm not going to kill you." He said.

"What are you going to do with me?" I asked.

"Well, there was another group of people in here, were they your people?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Well, I hate to break it to you kid, but you just got abandoned... why were you abandoned?" He asked me.

I sighed, now the only people I really care about are gone. My boyfriend, my father, my family.

Gone.

I noticed the sun was coming up outside, showing that we had been talking for quite a long time, which didn't even really feel like it.

"Hmm.. I don't know maybe because some assholes decided to come in here with a bunch of guns." I paused. "Couldn't you have waited one more night, we would've been gone." I spoke.

"It's their loss, they're the ones who left behind one damn impressive, kid." He said.

At this point, I just wanted to get him to kill me.

"I hope you know you can still kill me. No one is stopping you." I spoke.

"I'm not gonna do that, I just found my new favorite person. What do you say kid? Come back and join my group?" He asked.

"It doesn't look like I have any other choice." I sighed.

"Great, now. You seem to be able to take care of yourself, but I do want to warn you, some of my men and women aren't the best. I do have my favorites, of course, but don't tell anyone that. You gotta be strong living there, I rule with an iron fist, so if you go against me, you've been warned." He said.

"You basically just told me I have to be stronger than you." I said.

"That's not what I said." He argued, as he began guiding me out of that place.

"Yes it is." I argued, following him.

"No it's not." He said.

"Yes. It is." I continued.

"No it's not." He said.

"Why, are you scared that I'll actually be stronger than you and take over?" I asked.

"No. In order to take over you have to earn respect, and that takes time." He said as we went down the stairs.

"I don't even know your name but I already have yours." I retorted.

"Just for that, you're going to have to figure out my name on your own." He explained.

"Well then, you're going to have to figure out mine on your own." I said as we kept traveling down the stairs.

Carl's P.O.V

When the guns began firing, everyone started freaking out.

We all headed for the stairs, no one was paying attention to anyone, because we all slept in the same area. As long as no one was left behind, we were all going to get out.

Daryl tried to run for Emma's room, but the men had already taken it over. So, we just ran and hoped she would get out of there.

We waited for a while in the stairway, and we heard the guns stop firing.