50: Humanity

In this story I will not be including any of the other character's aftermath of the prison. If you're reading this, you have most likely seen the show. I also created this story to be seen through the eyes of Emma specifically, thats another deciding factor, along with, wanting this to be different than the show. I follow the show on somethings, but I don't feel the need to write what most of us have already seen. If it becomes critical to the story, the moments from the other characters will just be talked of in flashbacks.

Emma's P.O.V

I stood over Taylor's lifeless body and Emily next to her, with her head on Taylor's chest, just crying.

"Emily." I began.

"Don't." She said instantly.

I leaned down beside her and Taylor's body.

"What are you doing? You and I both know that you don't like either of us. We were planning to try and get rid of you for god's sake." She said without looking up.

"Because, theres things that are more important than the pettiness of not liking someone. Losing people sucks, in this world a lot of people will get lost... a lot of people have been lost." I said.

"We were gonna try to kill you." She said.

This came as no surprise to me really. It was rather clear neither of them like me. I'm okay with that.

I stayed silent. I knew they wouldn't have been able to, this just makes me sound like a cocky douchebag, but its true. Neither of them fought people before. Taylor fought walkers, but very few of them. I would've easily taken them down.

"Why are you here?" Emily began raising her voice.

"I know what its like to lose people. Especially people you love, a best friend." I said.

"You don't know shit." She replied.

Here we go again, I just need to keep in mind she's going through something here, hell, we both are, but we survive this by pulling together... not apart.

I stayed silent.

"How can you just sit there doing nothing? All the people at the prison are probably dead, and The Governor is probably out looking for the both of us right now." Emily said.

"We're not the only ones that got out. There was everyone on the bus, I saw my dad and Beth get out too. I'm pretty sure Tyreese did too. Carols still out there somewhere. She might've been sent away, but she can survive better than anyone I know." I said.

"But you just sit there. You let me tell you we were gonna kill you and you don't do anything. You should just kill me while you can." She said expressionless, yet tears still streaming down her face.

"People change, deaths change people. I don't know you'll be in the same mindset tomorrow." I said.

"I won't change. The more things you do, the more things you say, the more air you breathe, I just want to kill you more and more with all of it." She said getting angrier and angrier.

"You don't think the thought of you guys trying to kill me has ever crossed my mind? Yet I still let you both come out here with me. I could've sent you away on the bus, to god knows where. Instead you came with me. I didn't ask you to." I said calmly.

"You really don't know shit, do you?" She began laughing in a sarcastic manner. "I'm gonna kill you eventually. I can make it seem like it was the walkers that got you. I can make it seem like you killed yourself, just lost all hope. You've taken everything away from me. Everything. First the guy that I was falling in love with, then my best friend. How can you do that to someone? Everything I had left in this world motivating me to move on, its gone. All because of you." She concluded as she began inching closer and closer to the knife I had given her earlier.