31: Colorful

Carl's P.O.V

We were now in Morgan's house. I still feel kinda bad for shooting him, but he shot Emma. Thats the only reassurance I could give myself. It doesn't make it right, but it justifies it to a degree.

Dad and Michonne were talking about who knows what, I was too interested in the map he had on his wall.

It was a map of my old neighborhood. I saw my old house too. On the map it said 'RICKS HOUSE BURNT OUT'. The word 'TAKEN' was on there as well but crossed out.

Michonne took one of Morgan's peanut butter bars. She says he wont notice but he doesn't seem like a stupid man.

As Michonne was eating she must've noticed Emma was missing because she said something.

"Wheres the girl?" She asked.

"One of the bullets he shot at us hit her in the chest, it got her locket though. She told me she was going to lay down in the car, she said she wasn't feeling too well and she needed to sit down for a bit." I said trying to come up with something they would believe.

"A bullet hit Emma and neither of you thought to tell me?" Rick asked.

'Yeah, she didn't want anyone worrying. I doubt she woulda even told me if I didn't rush to her side once it happened." I said.

They seemed to have bought my story, at least I hope they did anyways.

Emma's P.O.V

It was a kinda long walk but I finally made it here. My neighbors house looked untouched. Mine did too.

First I went into my house where I got the rest of the arrows that I found in the attic. I found a knife randomly with them so I took that one too.

I also made sure to go into my room and get some more clothes. I got some of my moms clothes too for whoever they would fit back at the camp.

I got a huge bag and packed all the clothes I could fit inside of it. The bows already had a carrying bag type of thing.

I went into the our cupboards and found quite a lot of canned goods, at least a lot compared to what I'm used to finding nowadays. I crammed that into the bag too.

I then went next door. The front door was locked, this place hasn't been touched at all. I decide its a good idea to try the back door.

As I walked back there I saw something amazing that I forgot they had. They had a four wheeler that just so happened to have a full tank of gas. I set my huge bag of clothes and cans down next to it. I set the thing of arrows on top of it and run for the back door.

I'm not sure why I ran, out of excitement I guess.

I attempted to twist the door knob and sure enough it was locked. I'm on too much of a 'good luck' streak for it to end here.

I pick up one of the lantern things they had stuck into their garden, jammed it in the door and somehow managed to get the door open.

I first did a quick sweep of the house making sure no walkers were there. Continuing my good luck streak there wasn't anything in there.

Carl's P.O.V

I somehow managed to talk dad into letting me leave. I told him I was going to get a crib for Judith which wasn't a complete lie but I had another stop to make.

There was only one place left that had a picture of my mother. I was gonna make a quick stop there, get the picture, and then get the crib.

When I said I was going to get a crib Michonne volunteered to help me. She said "You're getting a crib you're gonna need the box, they're heavy and you're gonna need help carrying it."