20: Dixons Never Cry

Emma's P.O.V

I woke up before everyone, Rick, Glenn, and Hershel still aren't home yet. I woke up my dad, I don't like to be alone nowadays.

"Ey Kiddo." He said after I woke him up, I could tell he was still half asleep. We're far from the others so it doesn't matter how loud we talk though.

"Hey, what's the plan for today?" I asked.

"Well I wont know till Rick and the others get back." He said.

"Oh, okay." I said.

It was quite for a bit, but Daryl decided to spark conversation once he was more awake.

"So, how about you and Carl?" He asked getting a big grin on his face.

"What're you talking about?.. Are you turning into Glenn, I'll break your leg too." I said.

"You don't remember last night?" He asked.

"What happened last night?" I asked. How does he know? Wait what am I saying, he doesn't know anything. How could he?

"Well last night after I found you asleep all snuggled up to him in the grass I decided to mess with you a bit and ask you if you like him, your exact words were 'Yeah, and a lot too'." He said chuckling.

My face started to feel really hot. "I must've been out of it. Like I said before we're just friends." I said trying to cover it up.

"Yeah, thats exactly why you're blushing." He said, still chuckling.

I put my hand to my cheek, "Please tell me you wont tell anyone." I begged.

"Its a bit late for that..." He said still chuckling.

"Who'd you tell?!"

"Its not who I told, its who you told."

"Who did I tell?"

"Well he sorta followed me after I picked you up to bring you to the tent and thats when it all happened too."

"By 'he' please tell me you don't mean Carl."

He nodded and proceeded to laugh at how embarrassed I was. I began to laugh at how hard he was laughing.

"So you know how for a fact that he knows?"

"Yep, good luck kid." He said finally stopping his laughter.

I walked out of the tent just in time to see the vehicle Rick, Glenn, and Hershel were in. Carl was out there too.

I ran to the car and when I got close to it I realized there was a blindfolded man sitting in the backseat. He was brought out of the car, blindfold still on, and I could see his leg was messed up pretty bad.

Hershel put the man into surgery and when he was out Carl and I were kicked out of the house. So the adults could have their talk. Great, exactly what I need, alone time with Carl. All thats gonna happen when were alone is awkwardness. I can just try my best to steer clear of it though.

"Hey Carl." I said acting like nothing ever happened.

He brought his attention towards me.

"Right now would be the perfect opportunity to take off, I can teach you how to shoot." I said.

I ran off to Daryl's stuff. Carl followed. I brought ammo, another gun, my bow, some arrows, and all of my knives.

I had everything in a bag and Carl just looked at me.

"Now c'mon Grimes." I said and giggled while picking up the bag that I have full of stuff.

We walked off some where and once I thought we were far enough I set up some targets and began to teach him.