24: Mother Dearest

Daryl's P.O.V

I don't want to think about anything bad that could've happened to Emma. For all I know she could be okay somewhere. Either way, I don't want to sit around just thinking about what could've happened to my daughter. My brain can't take that one. I came up with an idea to keep my mind off of things.

"C'mon, we gotta get this kid some food... do we have any formula?" I asked.

"No, Lori asked me to keep my eye out for some but I haven't had any luck." Maggie said.

"I'm going on a run to get some, anyone wanna come with?" I asked.

"I'll go." Maggie quickly spoke up.

"I'll come too." Glenn said.

"Beth, keep an eye on the kid. He just lost his mom and his dads not doin' too well." I said quietly to her as I left and approached my bike.

Maggie and Glenn were by Shane's old car.

"That car wont work, roads all blocked off. I can only take one of you." I announced.

"I'll go." Maggie said without giving Glenn a chance.

"Maggie, you don't have to." Glenn spoke.

"Yes I do, I owe it to Lori." Maggie said as she grabbed her bag and left the conversation as a whole then going on to join me on my bike.

Emma's P.O.V

I plan on staying close to the prison so incase someone else gets out or I just so happen to realize the group took control back of the prison.

If I'm being honest the people I miss the most are Daryl and Carl, even if Carl never planned on talking to me again.

As I'm walking through the woods I realize I stumbled upon a herd. There weren't as many as I've seen before but I couldn't survive them just on my own, not with how little of weapons I have.

I just keep running trying to take out one walker ever so often. This slows me down a lot once I loose my knife to one of them. I then begin using the handle of my gun, thus saving my last 5 bullets, noise would just attract more anyways.

I decide to take them on, there doesn't seem to be that many anyways. I began to beat their heads in with the handle of my gun, this isn't a fast process giving the walkers time to swarm me. I quickly realized there were more than I thought.

One grabbed my arm and was centimeters away from biting me when guns started firing. With the guns firing I decided to crouch down in attempts to protect myself from the bullets. There wasn't that many guns, maybe two different ones.

I look up in hopes to see my group but I see a bunch of unfamiliar men and one woman, that is all besides two; one man with a blade for a hand and the woman. I shoot up from my crouched state and ready my gun.

"You really expect us to believe theres ammo in that gun after you were beating their heads in with the handle?" One of the unfamiliar men asked me. He was really tall with dark brown hair. He appeared to be the leader of this group.

"You wanna find out?" I asked them after thinking to myself 'Whats something Daryl would say?'

"Woah there little girl, theres no need for that." The dark brown haired man said again. I then lowered my gun.

Once the woman heard my voice she pushed through everyone to just see my face, "Emma?" she then asked overjoyed to the point where she began to tear up.

It was my mom. I gripped my gun tightly just incase she decided to try something.

She went in for a hug but before she could I raised my gun.