34: Woodbury

Emma's P.O.V

After walking for a while I reached Woodbury. When I got there an excessively bright light was shined in my face, along with multiple guns pointed at me, despite the fact that it was just hitting the break of dawn. 

"That's close enough, asshole." A guarding man said. 

I raised my hands in the air hinting that I mean no harm. 

"What're you doing here?" He proceeded. 

"The Governor didn't tell you?" I asked. 

He looked at me like I was stupid. 

"Go get The Governor." I said clearly annoyed. 

"I don't take orders from you." He retorted. 

"Trust me, he'd want you to." I said. 

"Whatever." He said, then went on to whisper into the ear of the man that was next to him. 

The man next to him got down from the wall and left. 

He kept his gun raised at me. 

"Is this all you do all day, stand up there and point your gun out here?" I asked. 

"I don't feel I need to explain my job to a kid." He said. 

"I don't feel I need to be here in this situation... but I am." I said beginning to trail off into deep thought seriously questioning my decision. 

I shook myself out of it though, this is for the people I love. I'll be fine. They'll be fine. 

The Governor showed up with that thought. 

"Emma, happy to see you're here. How about you come inside and we can talk." The Governor said as the gate opened up. 

I walked in with my single bag and the knife from the arrow bag hidden in my boot and was greeted by one of The Governors men. 

"I'm just gonna pat you down, all right? Don't treat me like you did old Timmy." He said kinda coward-like. 

I put my arms out to the sides and he proceeded to check me, when he got to my left boot (The one with the knife) I for sure thought he was gonna find my knife... but he didn't. 

I then walked forward and glared back at the scrawny man. He avoided all eye contact with me. Wow... they'll really let anyone work that wall.

Daryl's P.O.V

I was up, others were but I just kept to myself. Usually I'd wake up Emma but today I'm gonna let her sleep. She needs some rest, she's probably stressed out of her mind with the talk of war. Its just now getting to be dawn. The suns barely up. 

Todays the day we're gonna capture Michonne and take her to the The Governor. Not everyone knows thats the plan, just me, Rick, and Merle. 

Carl's P.O.V (An hour later)

I woke up and it felt like I had slept for longer than usual. Dad must've let me sleep in, Emma must still be asleep too because she would've woken me up if no one else has. 

I guess its my turn to wake her up for once. 

I get up, walk into her cell and I am really confused because I see no Emma. Just a sheet of paper. My initial instinct, which I go with, is to go look for her. 

I walk all around looking for her but I don't find her, I must've looked insane or something because Daryl stopped me. 

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.