52: The Truck

Emma's P.O.V

Rosita, Abraham, and Eugene stood in such a way, like it was rehearsed or something. I did my best to fit in. I couldn't believe what I saw.

There was a person, who I couldn't identify, laying on the ground in riot gear with a helmet on, I wasn't close enough to be able to tell who they are. The riot gear was familiar for sure though. I know it's from the prison, but I doubt any of my people would be left behind. For now, I'm just going to see how this plays out. Wait and give myself a reason to investigate. 

There was also a woman, she had short black hair, tied into two ponytails on either side of her face. She had just finished beating in one of the many walkers faces that were once surrounding her.

I then was able to get a clear look at her. She was from the prison. She was with The Governor.

In the blink of an eye, I had an immense feeling of anger rush over me. She took my home away from me. She took everyone I love away. Its her fault. She just stood by as The Governor and the rest of them broke down our gates. As The Governor beheaded Hershel.

"Enjoy the show, assholes?" She said, upset herself, although her reason was less valid than mine.

"We're not the assholes here." I mumbled. 

"Excuse me." She said. 

I ran towards her, ready to kill her. She took everything from me. Everything.

I didn't get a chance to get to her though. Abraham scooped me up. Carried me at his side like I was nothing.

"Let me go! Let me go!" I shouted as I kicked and wiggled, trying to get free.

I was just ignored.

"You don't understand!" I shouted, tears flooding out of my eyes as I gave up on trying to get free.

I stayed there, just letting Abraham keep me restrained. Tears were still rolling down my eyes.

Abraham had already introduced himself as well as Rosita and Eugene to this woman.

I was still mad, she needed to pay for what she had done.

"Let me go." I said subtly, the only person that would've been able to hear me is Abraham.

He ignored me.

"Let me go!" I shouted.

Again, just ignored by everyone.

"Please. Just let me go. You don't understand." I said, normally, though tears were still rolling out of my eyes at a slower rate.

"Abraham, just put her down." Eugene said.

He did as Eugene advised.

"We can't take her with us. She's not a good person." I began.

The woman who introduced herself by the name of Tara Chambler, didn't even look surprised. She knew what I was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Abraham asked.

"She's the reason I'm out here. She's the reason I'm all alone. She's the reason I lost everyone I love. There's others that were with her. How are we supposed to know she won't try something again?" I paused turning my attention towards Tara. "Who is that over there anyways?... The Governor?... Or Philip... Brian... whatever his name is?" I asked as I began walking towards the unconscious body.

I kneeled down beside them, putting my hand on my knife, ready to stab them in the face.

I lifted off their helmet, mask thing and realized who it was.