Chapter 76

The next morning Don woke up feeling a peace he hadn't felt in quite some time. Yes, he was still jumpy; and he worried about leaving the babies alone but he told himself that Rebecca and Mann were dead, and that part of moving on was giving his family some space. He looked down and asleep in his arms was the woman whom was a huge reason why he was healing so quickly. He knew he had been sexually assaulted; but not near the degree his wife had been. She amazed him daily; but especially when he thought about how hard she fought through everything she had gone through. She and their family were why he was where he was; there was no doubt about it. He smiled as he thought about how he was lucky enough to get to marry her all over again. He was ready to start anew; James, Rebeca and Mann were all dead and Peggy along with Harry and Carl Raymore were all in jail. He wasn't going to let anything touch them again; and their impending wedding was proof of that. The night before when they had talked about it, Meryl had called it a vow renewal; but he wanted a wedding. He wanted to celebrate their lives. Though they agreed to keep it to close friends and family; he wanted to do it big, and he wanted to do it right. As he laid there watching his love sleep he had this overwhelming urge to make love to her; the same urge he had many times the day before. However, he had a little talk with Big Don and told him to stop being selfish, that Meryl needed to rest and heal; and that was more important to him than his needs, no matter how much he was craving her. Don knew he couldn't go back to sleep, he was just so excited and happy; and so rather than letting his excitement wake her up, he placed a kiss on her lips and smiled when she smiled in her sleep and began to get up and go to the bathroom. However, he needed to whisper something to her before he went to begin his morning routine. "I love you, Darl; get some rest."

"Don." Meryl mumbled in her sleep as she curled up to his pillow. "Love..."

Don chuckled as he watched her remain in dreamland and went to kiss their babies before heading off into the bathroom. "I love you both so much; let your Mama rest."

***

Meryl turned over to snuggle up to her husband and was disappointed he was no longer there. She had wanted to cuddle in bed with him, and be lazy, until the babies woke up for the day. She felt relaxed and at peace; and she knew by the way he slept the night before that he had as well so she wanted to enjoy that with him. She also woke up to her body needing him; but she told herself that he was healing and she would give him all the time in the world, just as he gave her, nothing was more important to her than making sure her husband and their family healed. She looked at the closed bathroom door and knew he was probably getting ready for the day. It was Sunday; and the doctor still wanted them both to rest, so she hoped she could lure him back to bed to rest. She loved lazing in bed with him whenever she had the opportunity. She smiled as she quietly opened the door and saw her husband standing at the sink in pajama pants without a shirt on. At first she was angry when she saw the bruises and lacerations marking his perfect body; when she thought about what he went through she wanted to kill that bitch. She then reminded herself that Rebecca was already dead and that they were moving forward; she quietly closed the door behind her and wrapped her arms around him from behind, seeing him smile at her through the mirror after he dried his face, and she kissed the bruises on his back. "Morning, my Don Man."

"Morning, baby." Don moaned as his hands went back to her ass and pulled her closer to him. God, he missed the feel of her lips on his bare skin. "Shit, Darl, that feels so fucking good." Don could feel himself grow just from what she was doing to him. He tried to push back his need for her the night before but he couldn't anymore. He needed her; he needed her badly. Surely her kissing him like that and rubbing his bare chest with her fingers like she was, teasing his nipples, meant that she wanted it too. He hoped she did; though he would NEVER EVER push her if she wasn't ready. "Don't stop."