Chapter 55

Meryl smiled the next morning when she felt her husband move to wrap his arms around her and she felt his lips on her shoulder; her smile widened when she felt his morning arousal press into her back. She just laid there, enjoying being woken up like this. It was very rare that they woke up on their own without being woken up by a baby. She sighed happily when he whispered in her ear. "Merry Christmas, Darl."

"Merry Christmas, my Don Man." Meryl whispered as she turned so she could wrap her legs around his and his lips were eagerly playing with his. "This is a much better way to wake up than last year."

Don thought about their dreams of having been separated; and he tucked her hair behind her ears as he planted his lips firmly on hers. "That was a damn nightmare; not only our dreams but the kids screaming for me that you collapsed and running downstairs and seeing you out cold."

"But you immediately got me to the hospital." Meryl smiled softly as she brushed her lips across his. "Think about how wonderful the day ended up being."

Thinking about them finding out she was pregnant brought a big smile to his face. "That was an amazing surprise; and even better when we learned about our baby girl."

"I didn't think we could ever top last Christmas." Meryl smiled as she ran her fingers through his hair. "I think we have."

Don raised an eyebrow at her. "How? Because I know you're not pregnant."

"No, I'm not." Meryl laughed. "Think about it, baby. Our first Christmas together was wonderful because we were together; but that bastard James beat you." Don nodded for her to continued; knowing she was going somewhere with this line of thinking. "He tried so hard to ruin Christmases for you; but you never let him ruin Christmas for me or the kids."

Don ran his fingers through her long honey blonde hair. "You never let him ruin Christmas for me either."

"I sure as hell tried." Meryl choked. "Think about where we are; we are spending Christmas in Indianapolis, which you never wanted to do with good reason. We are with the father you always deserved, you have a wonderful new relationship with your mother and brothers. All of our children are here. We get to watch our granddaughter open presents for the first time; and try to help Brady and Mags understand what the hell is going on. We had an amazing night with family and friends last night. Then later today, the kids have plans with their cousins; and we have plans to give your parents some down time."

Don shook his head; he didn't realize they had plans. "We have plans? Do I know about these plans?"

"No, Mr. Gummer, you do not." Meryl smirked; happy she didn't know he was texting earlier this morning to put her plan into action. "That's how it's going to stay for a little while at least."

Now Don was intrigued. "Do these plans involve our youngest children?"

"Not exactly." Meryl said making him laugh. "They have plans of their own."

Don shook his head. "Not even 11 weeks old and they're already trying to ditch us."

"It is going to be a wonderful Christmas." Meryl said looking over at the bassinets where the babies were still sleeping. "I can't wait for them to wake up so we can give them their presents."

Don beamed as he nodded in agreement with what she was saying. "Do you think we went overboard on their presents? I mean they aren't even 3 months yet; and have no idea what the hell is going on."

"Maybe they won't but it is our babies' First Christmas; as well as Lily's." Meryl said with a large smile. "They are our last children so I think it's okay that we might have gone a little overboard."