Chapter 54

Brad and Jane's lake house was bursting at the seams on Christmas Eve. All of their children, grandchildren and even great-grandchildren were there. Jane's niece Stacey, her husband, their children and grandchildren were there. All of the Browns and their kin were there. There was plenty of food, drink and music to go around. Don and Meryl were in heaven. After not seeing their older children and granddaughter for almost a month they were so happy to be spending Christmas together. Brady and Mags were being passed around from family member to family member; while Lily was busy crawling everywhere and entertaining her family. Brad and Jane were enjoying every minute. At first Don was worried that all of the activity would be too much for Brad; but he soon realized what wonderful medicine it was for his father. Don smiled at Brady, Mags, him and Meryl in their matching outfits: Brady was wearing a red plaid long sleeved shirt with a red sweater vest and khaki pants, Mags was wearing a red and cream plaid dress with a cream top and red ribbon around the waist along with cream colored tights, Don was wearing a red plaid long sleeved shirt with a red cashmere sweater over it with jeans while Meryl was wearing a solid red blouse with a red and cream plaid long cardigan over it with her leggings and boots. Don was hoping to get some pictures with the whole family for Mags', Brady's and Lily's first Christmas. He and Meryl couldn't be happier; and they were ready to celebrate.

***

Meryl was walking back into the den where everyone was when she saw her husband coming down the hallway; she looked up and smirked. She quickly grabbed him before he got into the den, pulling him under the mistletoe she was standing under and placed her hands on his head bringing him down for a deep and mind numbing kiss. The kiss seemed to go on and on as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her as close as possible while his tongue mated with hers. When she kissed him like that he had half a mind to push her up against the wall and show her just what she was doing to him; then he remembered that there were people everywhere and that they were also in his parents home. When the need for air because too great, Don finally pulled away but couldn't resist placing several shorter kisses on his wife's lips, still holding her close even after their lips parted. "Holy hell, Mrs. Gummer. Just what was that for?"

"You're just so damn sexy, Mr. Gummer." As she then pointed up. "And we're under the mistletoe. Merry Christmas, my love."

Don laughed as he pressed his erection into her; continuing to hold her close not wanting to lose contact but also because of the little situation he had going on. "It really is a wonderful Christmas. You look so damn sexy."

"I'm glad you like it." Meryl giggled as she could tell what she was doing to him as he held her ass in his hands. "It's so wonderful to have our whole brood here. Are you happy, Don Man?"

Don didn't know how she went from making him want to push her up against the wall and have his way with her; to his heart bursting with love for her. "I am so damn happy. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you and the kids are here with me for Christmas."

"Baby, as I've said many times these past few weeks; where else in the world would I be?" Meryl asked as she couldn't resit placing a tender kiss on lips. "You are my husband, you are our children's father and Lily's Grandpa Don." She said making him laugh. "With you is where we belong. It helps that Henry's in-laws are here as well."

Don nodded with a laugh. "I know how much you love Christmas in Connecticut at our house; and you don't get to see your brother, our other nieces and nephews or your cousins. You're spending it here with my family."

"Don Man, how many holidays have you spent with my family?" Meryl asked him.

Don shook his head. "OUR family."

"Exactly; and this year we are spending Christmas with OUR Indiana family." Meryl said making him smile. "I've always wanted you to have this, now you do; and I couldn't be happier for you, for us, that we're here. I mean look at how great your father is doing. I am so happy we get to spend it here."