Chapter 66

Tom and Diane were laying in her large hospital bed, since she was on the obstetrics wing, with Rosie asleep on Tom's chest as he held Diane close. After they moved them to a regular room, Everett and  Annalise took Charlie and Charlotte out to eat and shopping for things for Rosie with their father's platinum credit card. Diane said she didn't think any place would be open but  Annalise assured her that she was her mother's daughter and she knew where to go. After eating hospital food for dinner, both Diane and Tom were enjoying the quiet after managing to bathe Rosie and get her in clean clothes and diaper and she was now asleep. Both Diane and Tom were amazed at how much they were able to get Rosie to eat. Tom was stroking Diane's hair as he also stroked Rosie's and he broke the silence. "How are you doing honey?"

"I am so happy and relieved." Diane choked as she looked up at him. "This is what I've always wanted. I just want our baby to be okay."

Tom nodded as he kissed the top of Rosie's head. "We will make sure she is. Did Meryl text you any more?"

"Yeah, just that she was glad we were okay; and to thank us again." Diane said looking at Tom's phone. "She said it was a pretty tough afternoon for Don as he processed everything, and trying to get the babies to take her milk, but things were calming down. She knows the police will want to talk to them tomorrow."

Tom nodded. "I sure hope they caught her."

"Me too." Diane shuddered. "More than you know."

Tom couldn't imagine the darkness and hell that Diane lived through, and helped their baby live through. He didn't want to bring it up unless she did; so he decided to change the subject. "I can't believe we have a baby; well, toddler."

"She is your baby." Diane smiled softly at him. "She's my baby as well."

Tom nodded. "We go from not being able to get pregnant for how many years to twins to another baby in our 60's; and we gave Don so much grief about getting Meryl pregnant with twins at their age."

"We shouldn't be surprised because of the way they are." Diane left. "But we're not that much better."

Tom whispered with a kiss to his wife's lips. "I've always liked that about us; and I missed that about us. Hell, I just missed you period."

"I missed you too." Diane choked. "You had no idea how much I wished you were going through everything with me. You have no idea how much I missed your voice and your touch. How much I wished you could tell me it was going to be okay when I had no idea how I would get us through."

Tom was working hard to blink past his tears so he could look his wife in the eyes. "It IS going to be okay."

"I know that now." Diane smiled. "I believe that now; coming from you."

Tom was quiet for a few moments before he spoke. "Can you tell me what it was like being pregnant with her? I hate so much that I wasn't there for the both of you; and I missed it. I want to know what it was like. Do you feel comfortable telling me? Talking about it? If not, I completely understand and don't want to push you at all."

"I want to tell you." Diane said quietly. "I want to share that with you."

***

Diane was 5 months pregnant; or the best she could guess, and she had no idea how she was going to get out. Everyday Rebecca would give her only the minimal amount of food and water; she was worried to death about the fate of her baby. Diane repeatedly told Rebecca that if something happened to Diane then Rebecca would be charged on 2 counts of murder. Diane hoped that would make her give her more to eat, but it didn't. Rebecca would give her more to eat when she told her things about Don; and Diane would just make up things to protect Don and Meryl. She had no idea what her twin sister had gotten mixed up in; all Diane knew was that she, her baby, Tom and their other children were now paying the price. Diane was laying on the bed, in the cold and dark and dirty room. Desperately wishing she was with her husband and children. Every day that went by, Diane was more and more convinced that she would never be with them again. She was trying to hold onto hope. The days and night ran together; and she really had no idea what month it was. Judging by Rebecca's clothing it was probably spring and so that is why she thought she was about 5 months pregnant. Just as Diane was about to try to sleep and will herself to dream about her family that were somewhere on the outside, she felt movement in her tummy. No, it wasn't just movement it was a kick. It was a strong kick. Diane smiled through her tears. "There you are my little fighter; are you trying to tell me that you're here? I know you are, my sweet angel. I so wish things were different for you. I hope with everything in me that you are getting what you need. I wish I could get you checked every month. I wish I had my vitamins with me. I just want you to know that you are my hope; you are why I am trying to get through today and the next and the next and the next. Your daddy would be so excited to know about you; as well as your brothers and sisters, but especially your daddy." Diane broke down crying even harder when she thought about her husband. When she thought about how they had longed to create children together, when they did then he missed Charlie and Charlotte's birth because of a winter and storm and having to travel for business; and of course the fact that she was several weeks early. Diane started sobbing when she thought about how he would miss another one of his children's births, and not because of his, or her, doing at all; but all because of that psychotic bitch Rebecca. "I'm going to get you back to your daddy and brothers and sisters, I don't know how right now, but I'm going to get you back to them."

All My Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें