Chapter 57

Meryl woke up the next morning in a start. She didn't have a bad dream or anything; she just had this feeling. A feeling she didn't like. A feeling that made her worry about Don and the babies. Not the other kids; only Don and the babies. She smiled that Don was fast asleep in bed beside her; and she quickly got up to check on the babies. She smiled as she saw that they were, too, fast asleep. She just stood there for the longest time and watched them. Her heart constricted that they weren't her little newborns anymore; they were definitely growing up. She smiled as Brady spit out his pacifier and found this thumb, bringing it up to his mouth, in his sleep. She then looked at Mags as she was making little sounds in her sleep. They were coming into their own little personalities. She was beyond grateful for them. She thought about how this time last year she was dangerously sick with morning sickness and how they were more than worth everything she went through. She knew how hard her pregnancy was on her, and not to mention her husband; but she was beyond grateful for their little bundles of joy. She placed soft kisses on their heads, convinced that they were okay, and went over to her husband. She then watched him for a little while as she thought about what a wonderful man he was. She thought about how much they had both changed in 34 years from the two 20 and 30-somethings that quickly began building their lives together. And yet, they were closer and more in love than ever. She stood there, watching him, thinking she had no idea what she would ever do without him. He kept her grounded. He gave her breath and life. Yeah, their marriage wasn't perfect; but to her that is what made it so amazing. She smiled as he reached his hand out to her side of the bed and whispered her name in his sleep. She couldn't resist. She climbed on top of him placing soft kisses on his lips. She pressed her lips harder and harder against his until he finally responded. She was soon met with his ice blue eyes staring back at her. "Well, good morning, gorgeous. What do I owe this surprise? My hot as hell wife straddling me and kissing me awake?"

"I was just thinking about how damn lucky I am to have you." Meryl whispered as she placed soft kisses all over his face. She didn't want to worry him by telling him about her worries and mild panic she had when she woke up. She just wanted to enjoy him. "And you are so god damn sexy."

Don didn't need to hear anymore. The babies were asleep. His wife was sitting on top of him. There was nowhere they were going that day. He decided to take advantage of the opportunity as he cupped his hand at the base of her neck under her hair, bringing her face to his so he could capture her lips in a mind numbing kiss. "I think you should show me."

"Oh, Don." Meryl moaned into his mouth. As the kisses seemed to go on and on they also intensified as his hands went to breasts. Cupping them in both of his hands. "Take my shirt off."

Don started to take her shirt off when he heard the babies making gurgling noises in their sleep. He laid his head back down in frustration. Not at the babies necessarily, but that he let them get so worked up while the babies were still in the room. "Shit, I can't!"

"What?" Meryl asked as she was breathing heavily; still straddling her husband's hips. She felt him stir underneath her. She felt the heat in the kisses. She knew this wasn't just some make-out session. She knew it was a prelude to such wonderful things to come. She looked down at him in confusion. "What happened?"

Don sighed as he pointed to the bassinets. "The babies are in here; I keep forgetting about them when we find ourselves in these positions."

"I love it when we are in these positions." Meryl flirted as she got off her husband, holding her hand out to him. "It might be the wrong choice of words with our present situation; but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Follow me?"

Don eagerly took her hand, grabbing his phone as she turned on the baby video monitor. He had no idea where in the hell she was taking him; but he really didn't give a shit at the moment. All he wanted was to give both of them the release they were searching for only moments earlier. "I'll follow you anywhere, hot stuff."