"Just wait till Emma hears about this. She's the one who threatened you. She told you how it was going to be, and she didn't need a gun for authority. You're going to regret doing that." Carol chimed in.

"I don't see her authority, I still ended up with a gun, didn't I? I don't see her here. She's not even stable enough to keep herself alive. She's nothing but a dead girl." She shifted her attention to my dad. "If you don't step away from the literal dead girl, I will go into the room right now and kill Emma too."

Now, I was right behind Valerie.

I scoffed. Putting my gun to her head.

I startled her and she turned around.

"Get on your knees." I spoke.

She raised her gun to me.

"Please, do it. I dare you. Either way, you'll end up dead. All of the people behind you care more about me than you, so please. Try it." I said.

"Really? They all care more about you than me? How do you think I got the knife? If they cared about you, I wouldn't have it. There was one person who went against you, one person who cared more about me than you." She said.

"Who was it?" I asked.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." She said.

"Trust me, I have an idea of who it was." I looked at Carl, once I got the name of the person I wanted him to get them, and I told him that all with my eyes. "Maybe if you tell me who it was I'll take it a little easier on you."

"See, that's tempting, but I want to see what you've got. You're the weak one now. I know where I can hit you and take you out instantly." She scoffed.

"If you can even get that close to me." I said.

"I don't need to. I'm sure the person who got me the gun will help me." She spoke.

"Who gave you the gun?" I asked.

"Carl." She said.

I forced a small, sarcastic laugh.

Zane just now forced himself into the crowd to see what was going on.

"What?" She asked.

"It wasn't Carl. I know who's gun that is because of who's gun it used to be." I explained.

She looked at me confused. I watched as Carl slowly inched closer to Zane. He caught on too. Carl faded behind everyone, so no one would notice him going after Zane.

Still, everyone stayed quite, letting me take care of this. I guess they finally realized the true monster Valerie was.

"What are you talking about?" She asked me.

"It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but it would take a genius to pull this off successfully. Perhaps, two geniuses." I explained.

Valerie looked at me like I had no idea what was going on. Trying to cover it all up, but I know what happened.

"Well, you see, this gun used to belong to my good friend Bob. Sadly, Bob didn't survive, as you know being at the church--" I said, but Valerie cut me off.

"My mom didn't survive either, thanks to this little bitch." Valerie butted in.

"One, don't interrupt me. Two, choose your words more wisely. I wouldn't sit there and call her a bitch being the person that you are. If anything, she's the furthest you can get from being a bitch." I explained.

"Now, getting back to how I know what's going on. I assume, Bob wouldn't be buried with a gun. Now, Sasha can chime in on this if she wants, being the person to distribute guns, I assume she probably explained to the recipient of the gun that it was owned by a very good man, who was gone way too soon. Right Sasha?" She nodded, glaring at Zane. Sasha now knew exactly what happened, but she stood in her place and let me handle this. Her and I were pretty close, but not too close, and I think she realizes that I want to handle this one myself.