×Heart Attack×

Ruby's grandma picked us up and left us thinking how we were going to get back.

"We are not in Freeridge anymore." I said looking at the big houses with Halloween decorations and children walking everywhere.

"Nope" Monse said agreeing with me.

"We've got lots of ground to cover, so to maximize candy efficiency, let's divide and conquer, then split our booty."

"Great idea. Olivia and I will go this way." Ruby grabbed Olivia's arm. "Meet back here around 10:00?" He asked and we all agreed. "Later." He called out.

"Jamal!" Both Cesar and Monse called out and Jamal turned around.

"On second thought, I'll go with Catalina." Cesar grabbed my arm and dragged me down the street.

**
"Are you still mad at her?" I asked while grabbing a two Tootsie roll bars.

"I'm not mad. I'm just upset? I don't know. She's not wrong, I'm not safe. What was I thinking?" Cesar said dropping his shoulders.

"Cesar," I placed my arm around him. "Don't say that. She didn't meant it."

"Did she really?"

"Yes, you know that." I said and Cesar shrugged his shoulders.

"I guess."

We kept collecting candy for a while. Both of our phones beeped, it was a pin location from Ruby. We walked over there and ended up in a costume party.

"Y'all made it! Olivia is at the bathroom." Ruby said holding a plate with shrimp.

"What's up, locos?" This white boy came up to us. He was dressed as a cholo I didn't knew if I was impressed or offended. I was assuming he was the host of the party.

"I heard you're from the 'ridge too. Yo, check it." He twisted his cap that read Freeridge. "Ah! Just clowning!"

"I'm straight from B-Wood. Westside!" He yelled and I faked smiled.

'As if it wasn't obvious you fucking idiot.' I thought looking at his outfit once more.

"So, what do you think of my fits? And my tat? It's pretty dope, right?" He asked. Ruby and Cesar nodded going along with it.

'Moms works in hair and makeup. I mean, it's like life imitating art and art imitating life, right?" He said and that was about the only thing that came out of his mouth that made sense.

"Hey," Olivia came along and waved at us.

"Hey, where'd you get that?" The host asked pointing at the pressed juice bottle.

"From the fridge." Olivia pointed back at the kitchen.

"That's my mom's pressed juice." The kid said crossing his hands over him.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Olivia apologized closing the lid.

"She's on a cleanse." He glared at Olivia. "She knows exactly how many bottles there are."