•From Panic Attacks to Heart Attacks•

The next day me and Jasmine were hanging out in the block. She was with her scooter and I was with my skateboard. We stopped at Ruby's house when Monse and Ruby were outside.

"Damn, Ruby. I see you! I see you! And I'm down with it. I like the freaky, just like Monse." Jasmine said making a body roll and I slapped my forehead.

"What are you talkin' about?" She looked at Jasmine. "What is she talking about?" She pointed at her while looking at me.

"You ain't gotta be shy with me, girl. I know you and Cesar been gettin' it in." She thrusted forward with her scooter. Monse turned to Ruby furious.

"No one knows? Really? I officially hate the traitor, and now I'm gonna kick his ass." She yelled and left the house.

"Shit my mom is calling. Let me know how the tea goes" Jasmine said and crossed the street to her house.

I skated towards the Santos' house. When I got there Monse wasn't there yet. Oscar winked at me and motioned me to come over.

I shook my head and he raised an eyebrow. His jaw clenched and I felt goosebumps ran through my back. I picked up my skateboard and walked towards him.

"Looking gorgeous today princesa" he commented on my outfit.

"Thanks."

I was wearing a yellow tube top and a skirt with white converse. Not ideal for skating but I made it work.

I felt a heat rush come up my cheeks, when some of the Santos looked at me.

"Fancy seeing you here Cata, what are you doing here?" Cesar said taking my skateboard.

"Tha-" Monse appeared pushing Cesar out of my skateboard.

"You little bitch!" Monse jumped on top of him hitting him. I was going to stop her but Oscar place his hand around my hip holding me still.

"Damn, that hyna's wild. Must be a freak on all fours." Oscar said jokingly and I glared at him.

"I fought for you. I had your back. For what? For you to impress your puto friends and humiliate me?" Monse kept hitting him non-stop.

"Tell your bitch to keep that bark down." One of the Santos said.

"Hermanito, you better back up before you get smacked up." Oscar chuckled rubbing my waist.

"Shut up, puto." Monse said looking at Oscar

"Monse!" Jamal and Ruby appeared pushing the Santos out of the way

"Hey, watch it now." Oscar's grip got tighter.

"You're hurting me" I whispered looking at him. He kissed my head and softened his grip.

"'Cause you're going crazy!" Jamal exclaimed pulling her back.

"Crazy? I'm crazy?" Monse yanked her arms getting away from their grip.

"Calm down." Ruby pleaded.

"Don't you patronize me! I don't need you. Any of you. I was trying to keep our crew together, but since I'm the only one who cares, you're all dead to me. I'll survive on my own." Monse yelled and walked away.