•Happy New Year•

"Three, two, one. Happy New Year." My mom came and pulled me in and hug.

"I love you mi amor." My mom whispered in the hug pressing a long loud kiss on my cheek.

"I love you too mami" I kissed her cheek and she went to hug Ángel.

"Happy New Year baby" I hug Diego kissing his cheek.

"Happy New Year babygirl. I love you so much and thanks for everything you do for me." He said and I started tearing up.

"I love you too." I hugged him tighter.

"Happy New Year bitch" Jasmine said tackling me in a hug.

"Happy New Year!" I hugged her back.

Ángel tapped my shoulder and hugged me tight.

"Amor de mi vida happy New Year. La amo mucho mi amor."  (Love of my life happy New Year. I love you so much, my love) he whispered on my ear and just like mami he pressed a long loud kiss on my cheek.

"I love you too papito. Thank you for always looking out for me." I teared up and he separated from me smiling.

"No llore princesa" (Don't cry princess) chuckled kissing my forehead.

"Wife!" Cesar said wrapping his arms around me from behind me.

"Husband!" I turned around and kissed his cheek. "Happy New Year."

"Happy New Year to you too," I replied.

"Titi Happy New Year!" I hugged my aunt and she kissed my cheek.

"Here you go." She gave me an envelope. "Don't tell your mom. You know how she gets."

I nodded and peeked on the envelope, it was full of cash. "Tell papi I love him."

**
I walked outside with my mom as she said goodbye to Ruby's parents. She walked back inside and I stood outside enjoying the breeze.

"Happy New Year, mi reina." I heard Oscar's voice. I looked to the side and Oscar was standing on his side of the fence. I felt my eyes tear up for the tenth time tonight.

"Happy New Year. Why did you left?' I asked and he chuckled.

"Your prima is a little bit intensa." (intense) He said and I laughed before turning my back on him.

"Catalina," he called out and I stopped midway. "Can we talk please?"

"Okay." Maybe was the alcohol running down through my system that made me agree.

**
"It really wasn't like that." Oscar said as we sat down on the couch outside.

"Then how was it Oscar?" I asked sighing.

"That day at the bodega after we went to the movies I saw her and I went to her house. Not for those reasons." He said shutting me up. "I went to let her know that I was with you. That I didn't wanted her around for any reason."