Paint Colors

So the prompt from my writing teacher was to take one of those paint swatches cards that people look at when choosing colors and use the names on there to make a story.  This one resulted from different shades of yellow.

* * *

I honestly have no idea how I've gotten myself into this mess.  Only minutes before I was stranded on an island, but now there was a pirate ship here.  And I was now on said boat because I wanted the pirate gold, or pirate booty.

They caught me though and threatened to cut off my hands, but I plead with them not to.  Unfortunately for me, the men were hungry and wanted me to cook for them to let me go.  Even worse for me was that I couldn't cook and blew up a stove before.  But I could use that to my advantage.

Off to the kitchen I went deciding to cook up the one things I knew could blow up anything:  spicy banana pepper.  They suspected nothing as I told them to wait at the front while I went about my business.  I poured olive oil on the floor in big amounts.  Then I made my ticking time bomb.

"Here it comes boys!" I called out to them with a sickly sweet voice.  I pushed it out with a broom and waited for it to blow.  Screams erupted from the front, and I ran to the back of the boat to grab the gold.

"Who let out the extra virgin?" someone cried out, and I laughed menially.  Grabbing as much gold as I could, I peered at the front to see the men in pain before jumping off and swimming back to the island hiding under the shaded fern.  I watched their boat sink as white raindrops fell from the sky.

* * *