Adonis and Atticus: Snippet 9 (The Final One)

It was one of the first beautiful days anybody in the Resistance had seen in a while. It was also the first happy day for them since the attack. There had been a lot of beautiful and sad days like when they had Atticus' mom's funeral and the funerals for the fallen Resistance members young and old alike. They had to bury young children that robots slaughtered mercilessly in the garden.

But the garden was in full bloom with the changing of seasons signaling a new beginning.

The ground was full of blooming flowers in all sizes and colors. Leaves and moss grew on the trees and stones that are buried far in the ground. Vines grew on the trees so long they overlapped onto other trees and hung down low enough for children to swing on them. The spring breeze brought the sound of nature and the sweet smell of flowers to everyone in the Resistance's home.

During this day, flower petals fell from the trees above creating a beautiful scenery that was perfect for what today was.

Adonis and Atticus' wedding day.

The people who lived in harmony here, the humans who have lived here for decades and refugee robots, were lined up standing in the grass waiting for it to start. Their four children, two robot orphans and one human orphan including Atticus' mother's child from the womb, walked down dropping baby's breath behind them as they walked on towards Adonis. Atticus's brother, Kal, appeared with Atticus at his side supporting his weight.

In the battle were many lives were lost, Atticus lost more than just his mother. He lost his left arm and right leg. In an attempt to save his life, they attached robot parts to him, but he has still not fully gained function of his new arm and leg.

After he made it to the end, Kal traded Atticus's weight onto Adonis and walked away. Adonis held Atticus in his arms while Senior Al recited the ancient words that boned two souls together.

For Adonis and Atticus, there were no words only themselves. They lost time looking at each other and didn't know Senior Al was done until he nodded for them to seal their bond with a kiss. And when they did just that, this marked their lives being complete and this journey being over.

* * *