Chapter Thirty-Three Part II | Beginning of the End

I nodded, "What do you have in mind?" I didn't think the Mare could just be drawn out with peanut butter on a stick.

"I'm not sure," Chase replied.

I scoffed, "I thought you had a plan."

"Well," Chase said slowly, "We'll need another partly. Something big, something loud."

That sounded like a terrible idea. The last time I was at a party, Chase wasn't exactly acting as civilised as he was now. I shuddered, remembering the RV of Doom as I had nicknamed it. The time of the Deadpool was terrifying. No one had been normal. Everyone had only been trying to survive.

"We can't go and do this all on our own."

"We are not bringing Talbot into this," Chase shot back.

I chuckled, "Come on, you two are best buds, don't you remember?"

Chase looked up from his water and glared at me. I smiled innocently. Illusioning Brett Talbot had finally come full circle.

"Yes, but the whole thing works well because we only see each other at lacrosse practice, he's easy to full, a thin skull," Chase smirked, leaning back in his beanbag.

"Either Brett is involed or I'm out."

Chase's smirk hardened, "Ah, that's funny, thinking you have all the cards." He leaned forward, "You're the only one with anything to lose."

His eyes swirled with a darkening green, turning his shamrock colored eyes a dangerous pine, like a forest of trees at twilight. A chill skittered down my spine. Something about Chase Westwood was off, it had always been, but I could not place it. He couldn't be responsible for the Mare or he would not be trying to stop them. As I stared into his darkened eyes, I couldn't fully believe he was here to help me.

"Hah," I broke our gaze. "Then why are you helping me if you have nothing to lose? Why not just let them destroy Devenford? What does it matter to you?"

Chase's eyes calmed to a warm and welcoming green.

"The Mare are not supposed to be here," Chase answered, adding more ambiguity.

"What?"

"They don't belong here," Chase said. "Their nature is to drift. They shouldn't stay here--or in one place--for so long. Someone must be controlling them. I need to find them."

His words were shocking. I collapsed back into my beanbag. Of course. Everything he said made too much sense, it made perfect sense.

"Then, I guess it's time to find whoever they are and send them back to hell."

------------------------

I decided to make a part two to the previous chapter because it just didn't feel finished! The home stretch of this fanfic is approaching and I just want to thank everyone who is still reading and has kept up with Caroline's journey through the supernatural world of Beacon Hills. I appreciate every one of you so so muchXX without readers, this fanfic would not be here!!