Chapter Twenty-eight | Snow Much Fun

Piper dove next to me as both Charlotte and Blake pummeled to the ground and began to load their weapons. Philip slid around the corner in bright green socks and pointed his gun as a steady stream of foam bullets pummeled into the four of us huddled against the door. Piper and Blake fired back as Charlotte ducked behind Philip.

He was surrounded. I ran forward with Piper as she aimed her crossbow at her brother's chest.

"Surrender!" Piper yelled gleefully.

"Never," Philip shouted.

At the same time, another flurry of foam bullets bombarded us. Lori, Brett's sister appeared and gave Philip the opportunity to break away from Blake and Charlotte. Suddenly I was picked up and pulled backwards.

"Hostage!" Brett cawed as he held onto to me.

I laughed as he held a nerf gun to my head while he tried to kiss my cheek at the same time.

"Okay, okay," Piper held her crossbow up in the air as Blake my sister did the same.

Philip skipped forward, "We win!"

Everyone dropped their weapons. They were all breathing hard and soon we were all laughing.

"I'd say that was a successful first Nerf war of break," Piper spoke as her chocolate milk sloshed in her hand.

"Obviously, because my team won," Philip sipped on his root beer.

"I was severely outnumbered at first," Piper argued.

We were all piled in the Clearson's kitchen as Charlotte put some cookies in the oven.

"Has your dad been home yet?" I leaned on the counter next to Brett.

"Eh, his shift is like for twenty four hours, we won't see him for a minute," Piper bounded forward and dove into a cabinet in their living room. She poured some bailey's into her chocolate milk.

Blake looked back to see Charlotte preoccupied before he held his cup out to Piper.

Piper poured a liberal amount of the Irish cream into Blake's cup.

"It's time to get into the holiday spirit," Piper decided and turned to their stereo.

Punk goes Christmas blared over the speakers. Both Lori and Charlotte covered their ears for a second before turning back to their baking. Blake and Piper instantly started dancing. Philip jumped forward and joined them. I pulled Brett into the living room and twirled under his grasp.

The Clearson's living room had transformed into a holiday party. We all skirted the huge Christmas tree as the music continued and the liquor cabinet opened fully. Cookies landed on the coffee table and Lori and Charlotte headed off to another room to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas," Piper and Blake sung to each other as they looked outside.

It was dark and had begun to snow. Philip turned on the deck lights. Tiny flurries began to cover the wooden deck. I noticed a new addition to their back porch.

"Piper, you didn't tell me you got a hot tub," I walked to the glass next to Philip.

"Eek, we just got it, I almost forgot!" Piper squeaked and ran out of the room.

She came back hardly seconds later with a pile of Christmasy fabric.

"We got it for my dad, but honestly we kinda wanted it a little more than he did," Piper babbled on. "I got a great deal on this festive swimwear, we'll go now. It'll be fun to see the stars and the sky, especially in the warm jacuzzi."