Chapter One | It's Always Sunny At Devenford

* Beginning of Season 4*

*******

PROLOGUE

"Come on, get in there," I push aggressively down on the stack of clothes sticking halfway out of my duffel. With one last enormous push, the clothes stay in long enough for me to quickly zip the bag shut.

I let out a sigh as I collapse on my bed, satisfied at packing all of my belongings in less than a few hours. After wallowing in my bed for a few minutes, I cross the room towards my small bathroom. As I'm taking out my wavy ponytail, I hear a creepy rustle outside my window. I quietly turn around and peek outside the bathroom door... Seeing nothing I tip toe towards my bedroom door, making a beeline towards the stairs. 'This scene is right of a horror movie' I think, considering I am the only one home and I can't see anything moving outside the back door window. I cautiously step out onto our porch grabbing a heavy duty flashlight, closing the door swiftly behind me.

"Aghhh!" I squeal as a figure swings from the roof.

"What are you doing, Pipes?" Putting a hand on my mile a minute heart to try in vain to stop it from beating at its unusually swift rate. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Yeah, sorry about that. Guess what?" My next door neighbor flipped onto the ground, abruptly climbing onto my porch. "There's been two murders at the hospital!"

"And you come and scare me half to death to tell me this, why?" I retaliate. Piper's father is the lead surgeon in the trauma department at the local hospital. She and her twin brother, Philip, have been convinced since they were little that there isextremely progressive supernatural activity in Beacon Hills County.

"Honestly, how were they killed this time?" I gave into her suspicions for the sake of our childhood friendship.

"One was completely mutilated with organs missing." Her eyes growing with each word. "And the other had a military grade axe in his back. He was pretty young, our age I think."

My stomach involuntarily twists as my over active imagination envisions each death with way too many small details. Beacon Hills used to be so quiet, now bodies were being found in the woods, teens are being sacrificed (according to Piper) to evil druids, and death is always looming over Beacon Hills like dark clouds before a thunderstorm.

"Ew, gross." I shivered. "Um, do I want to know the guy's name?"

"Uh, he lived in the neighborhood around the corner, I think... Sean Walcott?" Piper replied as she walked towards my back door, opening it.

Following her into the kitchen, "I'm getting so tired of hearing about these mysterious deaths."

"I know! My dad is getting real suspicious... Especially since Phips and I are going to Beacon Hills High School. And there's been some shady stuff going on at that school." She flips her red tinted brown hair behind her as she opens our fridge, grabbing two of our favorite fruity sparkling waters and jumping up onto our kitchen island next to me.

"I'm gonna miss you. You know that, right?" Piper declared after a few minutes of comfortable silence.

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss my best partner in crime too." This year will be first the year that Piper and Philip won't be with me at Devenford. They're parents are going through a rough divorce, so they decided it would be better to go to the local high school instead of a private boarding school, while the court decides custody.

"Well, at least I'll be where all the action is, apparently." She laughed.

Hearing the front door unlock, Piper quickly grabs her drink and opens the nearest window, jumping out and doing a forward roll into the bushes. I laugh to myself about how she couldn't just use the door as I hear the faint chatter of my parents hushed voices.