Chapter Fourteen | Wake Up Call

Beep, beep. The sound was consistently getting louder, was this heaven, was this hell?
    Heck no.
    Beep, beep.
    I couldn't stand to hear that constant beeping anymore. My hands gripped whatever was around me a I became aware of what was around me. I was in a bed and I held a bundle of sheets in my hands.
    Don't open your eyes.
    I heard a whisper in the back of my mind, at least I thought that's where it came from.
    Just stay still, don't move.
    I moaned, not being able to say anything in defense. Why was this voice telling me to stay asleep?
    Fade back, fade back.
    It was telling me to die.
    Another moaned escaped my lips, I wanted to fight, I needed to fight.
    A spark of energy shot out of me as my eyes flew open, the white around me blinded my vision. I keeled over the side of the bed, hurling black gook out of the my chapped mouth. My head was spinning as leaned over the side of the bed. 
    I looked up, I was in a hospital room. Everything seemed to hurt as I sat up, scanning over my room and seeing at least half my body was bandaged tightly in white gauze.
    "Seriously?" I tried groan but my parched throat turned it scratchy. 
    Steadily I lifted my feet out of the covers, my thumb going to my lips covered in the disgusting black bile. A bathroom was connected to my room where I shuffled, yanking off gauze in any place possible where only unharmed skin lay underneath.
    Cleaning off the remnants of my hurling episode and trying to rinse the bloody taste out of my mouth, I stared on, amazed at my appearance. My body was almost better off than it had before the crash. I tugged up my hospital dress, seeing my scratchless legs and stomach which had been filled with so  much glass before.
          The only suggestion that I'd been hurt was a thin and long scar that ran diagonal from my bra strap to my hip bone. Tears fell at the sight, everything else had felt like such a dream and now one scar cemented the truth, I'd been hurt severely and if I wasn't developing supernatural abilities, I would be dead.
    Visions flashed back as I studied my flawless skin, my throat bleeding with glass, my neck breaking at the impact as I was slung into the dashboard, my clothing more red than any color. I was on the brink of death, but my body healed from futile injuries.
    As I exited the bathroom, semi cleaned up, a soft wave off voices floated into my ears. There was no one there. I glanced around, but I knew the answer. I was hearing stuff from the next room over. Heading back to the bed, not ready to investigate anything since I felt like I almost died, I stopped in my tracks, sheets grasped in my hands.
"This wasn't an accident," I heard Brett Talbot's voice clear through the walls. 
Back tracking, I scuffled towards the the door, my barefeet pressed lightly against the cold tiled floor. I peeked out into the empty hospital hallway and seeing no would intercept me, I hobbled out of my room and towards the next one over. Now I could really hear the voices as stood outside of Brett's hospital room.
"-Deadpool too, it's not safe in Beacon Hills anymore, not after we were poisoned and not after the deadpool isn't open to just highly trained killers anymore," Another voiced that screamed of familiarity resonated over the room.
I began to try to open the door, but it creaked really, really loudly. Instead of going with my plan to crack open the door, I swung it wide open. All eyes were on me as I knew they had heard my breathing far before I entered.
"Caroline," Brett breathed, his face filling with relief.
Brett Talbot stood opposite to one other person, the man, Ivan I had seen the night Brett and I had almost been skewered with a sword by a deranged knightly guy. Somehow, Brett was in fresh jeans, a henley, and a matching jean jacket and his hair was freshly combed.
    Suddenly, I became self conscious of the way I looked as I stared on at the two werewolves in my stained hospital gown and rat's nest infested hair. Brett rushed towards me and gripped me in one of the tightest hugs I'd ever experienced, his face burying into my hair.
    "You're okay," Brett cupped my cheek. "The doctor's wouldn't tell me anything, I didn't know if you would heal."
    "I didn't know either," I smiled, my self consciousness washing away.
    Our little moment was cut short as Ivan cut in, "We're leaving tonight, we already have Lori."
    "Lori?" I questioned, pulling away from Brett.
    Brett nodded, turning to me, "My sister."
    "We'll be at the school," Ivan walked to the door and pulled it open, disappearing into the hospital.
    "What's happening at the school?" I wondered, also not knowing what school.
    "My pack is leaving town," Brett answered.
    "Forever?"
    "I don't know," Brett shuffled back to the bed. "It's not safe for either of us, it's best if we leave."
      Being at boarding school most of my life, I hadn't formed strong bonds with my family but still, I thought of leaving them and leaving Charlotte and Blake. I thought of Piper and Sadie and Brooke. There was a tether in my heart, telling me to stay. But more of my heart screamed for me to go, to live a life of teenage adventure and love and most likely heartbreak, no matter the cost.
    "You mean, come with you?" I asked as I noticed another pile of clothes on the bed.
    "Of course, they're after you too," Bett grabbed the pile of clothes. "A copy of the deadpool was found inside the trucker's cab, our names had been circled."
    I paused as Brett pushed the clothes into my hands. Now random people were trying to kill me? Not just me, Brett and anyone else who was different, a supernatural creature.
    "What about the Mare?" I stumbled.
    "We have some time before nightfall," Brett explained. "We tell Deaton, he'll know what to do, then we leave."
    I nodded, knowing Brett had to go because it was his pack, no matter if I chose to tag along.
    "Here, go change, then we'll leave," Brett pushed me towards his hospital bathroom.
    Closing the door, I unfolded the clothing. There was a pair of black skinny jeans and a deep gray long sleeved top, a pair of black buckled boots that looked as if they might fit me were sitting on top.
    "Who owned these things?" I muttered to myself as I yanked the jeans on, hopping a couple of times to get them over my bum.
    A few squats later and I could finally breath almost comfortably as I slid on the shirt, which was almost as tight as the jeans. I did a once over in the bathroom mirror, stretching the shirt and jeans a couple more times before exiting.
    Brett was leaning by the far window, which was now open and letting in wintery gusts of air. I crossed my arms, trying to cover the low cut and tightness of the shirt as Brett's eyes flew from my eyes down my body.
    I grabbed a icy gray leather jacket from the bed that miraculously fit me as I headed to the window.
    "Um, what're you doing," I asked as Brett swung a leg out of the window.
    "We're gonna jump."
    "What?" I peeked out of the window, "We're like three stories up."
    "I know," Brett held out his hand.
    I didn't uncross my arms as Brett balanced on the open window sill.
    "Come on, Caire," Brett reached for my figure, tugging me towards the window. "You've done crazier things, I mean you just healed from a car wreck that would've killed any normal human."
    I didn't like to admit it, but Brett Talbot was right. The injuries from the wreck should have killed me, but they didn't. I was still alive.
    With one last sigh, I slipped out of the window, sitting next to Brett, "If we die, I'm gonna kill you."

••••••••
I'm kinda excited because I actually have an outline of where this fanfic is going for the first time, so yay! On another note, (Warning:  Rant,)I'm about to be that girl and say "nobody is reading this anymore, is there anyone who actually cares about this fanfic?" Yeah, that's what I've been thinking lately, but I'll still continue to write it because I love WP and I will always love to write about Teen Wolf, because let's face it, Teen Wolf is pretty freaking awesome. Anyways that's all I have to say. Love Grace

PS. Do you think Caroline should've left with Brett?