Chapter 35 Part II | A Siren's Call

"You already have me."

Brett sighed, his face soft and peaceful. "I want all of you."

He leaned down and our lips connected once again. The rush of blood to my ears was enough to make it feel as if we were the only two in the room. Our mouths moved together in a hungry grasp and felt Brett grab onto me tighter. His grip tightened and the kiss went deeper until I pulled away gasping for air.

I gasped in an effort to bring air back into my lungs and a smile plastered across my face as I looked up at Brett.

But the eyes that stared back at me were not the familiar orbs of Brett Talbot.

The eyes staring back at me were all fire and brimstone and horrifically familiar.

I shoved away as electronic music flooded back into my ears. The beast that had plagued my nightmares was right in front of me and flashing his sharp canines. This wasn't part of the plan, this monster wasn't supposed to be here. I wasn't supposed to ever see this devilish Brett ever again.

"You've changed since we've seen each other, Sirena," The monster growled in pleasure. No one around us paid any mind, they acted as if they could not even see the two of us as the EDM continued and the lights flashed above.

I felt my head swim. "Ho-how are you here?" Everything felt frozen in place, my limbs were growing heavy.

"I've been here all along."

Fear was creeping into my vision and up my throat, trying to cut off my erratic breathing. Where was the real Brett? This was not part of the plan. Not at all.

The music faded and the lights darkened and I knew I was in the midst of an illusion. Chase was nowhere to be seen and I didn't cast this one. I could feel the edges of myself blur and I felt the thrum of the power of muddling reality. The monstrous version of Brett was still right in front of me, leering at me as I shuddered.

"Who are you?" I shouted.

"I assumed you were smart enough to figure that one out yourself, Caroline."