Barb

I found my newest kink: Scott spending time with Mark and Mason's families.
💜💜💜

"Are you sure you don't wanna come?" Mason asked again. Mark was already gone to his parents' house and the other man was about to leave too but he didn't want his boy to spend the night alone in a hotel room.

"I don't think that would be a good idea" Scott mumbled and Mace furrowed his eyebrows.

"What?" When the blonde just shook his head, he put a finger under his chin, making Scotty look at him. "What's wrong, baby?"

"I don't think your mother likes me" Scott whispered and Mason's eyes widened.

"No, she lo-"

"You know that it's not true" the blonde said and smiled sadly at his boyfriend. "Go, have fun with your family!"

He leaned in to peck Mason's lips, then pushed him out of the door before the other could have said anything.

All the way to his childhood home, Mason couldn't get his boy's words out of his head. The more he thought about it, the more true it seemed. His mother did behave cold with Scotty. They never hugged, she never asked him about what he liked and what he didn't. Little things which obviously weren't the same with Mark.

So deep in his thoughts, he almost screamed in surprise when his mom locked him in his arms.

"I missed you so much" she mumbled into his neck, then leaned back to kiss his son's cheek.

"Hello, mom" Mason chuckled.

"Now where is that boyfriend of yours?" She looked behind his boy and this time the man didn't miss the light annoyance in her voice.

"He-he had other things to do."

"Instead of a family visit?" She raised an eyebrow and suddenly Mason understood why Scott and Mark rolled their eyes every time he did that. It was irritating.

"Actually" he cleared his throat. "I think I can convince him to come."

*

Mason was nervously pacing in front of the porch, waiting for Scott to arrive. He didn't say anything to him in the phone, so he probably thought something was wrong, but after he mentioned his fear in the hotel, Mace knew he was right. And he wanted to solve that problem as soon as he could.

Suddenly a car stopped on the street and Scotty jumped out, running up to him.

"What's the matter?"

He smiled gently and hugged him, burying his face in the blonde's neck.

"Just wanted you to be here with me."

As he said it, Scott immediately stepped back and looked at Mace angrily.

"Mason, I told you-"

"No" the older man interrupted, using his dominant tone. He knew it always worked. "I see what you were talking about but I won't let it slip away just like that. We'll go in, have a good time with my mom and tomorrow with the rest of the family and if mom does anything, we'll talk to her."

"I don't want you to fight with your momma" Scotty frowned and Mason closed the distance between them, putting a hand on his cheek.

"We won't fight, I just want to know what's wrong."

"What if she just doesn't like my personality?" The boy asked and Mason sensed him getting into his little headspace.

"No way" he smirked, even though he was afraid Scotty would break down. The tears in his eyes were too threatening. "But I'm twenty seven. I love her but she can't tell me who I date."

"Don't choose me over her" Scotty sniffed and felt his chest tighten. He tried to breathe deeply but his lungs were unable to take the air in.

Mason's eyes widened when he noticed what was going on and he quickly took the blonde in his arms. He was happy it was a summer night, so he didn't have to bring the boy into the house and neither could anyone see them outside.

He sat down on the stairs leading up to the porch and put Scott on his lap. He let him hide in his chest and clung onto him while he draw little circles onto his back.

"You're okay, baby boy" he whispered and kissed his hair every now and then. "I'm here."

"D-daddy" the blonde whimpered. He still sounded so broken but he was talking and it was a good sign.

"Yes, little one. Daddy's here" Mason forced a smile on a tilted Scotty's head up to kiss him.

The boy sighed happily when his daddy finally touched him like that and tried to sink even further into Mace's warmth.

"Are you cold, baby?"

"Mhmm" he hummed but then looked up with pleading eyes. Of course Mason understood him, tho.

"It's gonna be okay, I promise. But if you feel like it's too much, just... just safeword and we'll go back to the hotel."

"Thank you, Masey" Scotty whispered a nuzzled his nose against the other man's.

"You're welcome, Princess" Mason chuckled and quickly kissed him again.

As they stood up, the front door opened and Mace felt his boy's nerves kick in again. He took a deep breath, tho and stepped closer to Mason's mom.

"Good evening, Mrs Catt" he said as calmly as he could.

"Please call me Barb, Scott" the woman smiled and this time both boys froze for a moment. It's not how she behaved before. "Come in, dinner's almost ready!"

"Did you eat in the hotel, baby?" Mason asked quietly while he pulled the boy inside by his hand. When he shook his head, he furrowed his eyebrows. "Scotty, I told you to eat!"

"I'm sorry" the blonde mumbled and the older man nodded to himself. He was still feeling little.

*

Mason and his mom was talking in the living room when Scott came back from the bathroom. He sat down next to his boyfriend and nuzzled against him.

"I have to talk to you, boys" Barb sighed after looking at them for a second.

"Everything's okay, mom?" Mace asked and put a protective arm around the blonde.

"No." Mason felt his heart stop and unconsciously reached for Scott's hand. "I know that I was very rude with Scott and I have to apologize."

"I-it's oka-" the blonde started with wild eyes.

"No, let me finish, please." Barb stopped him and he nodded. "I was rude and I don't have any acceptable reasons. All I saw was Mason working all the time while you hung out with Mark. I've never saw you two alone and I hardly saw Mason with Mark. I was afraid that he was left out of this whole thing but today, before you came in I heard-"

"Mom!"

"- you. I don't understand your relationship but I know that you love each other and you make my son happy. That's all that matters to me."

For a whole minute, both boys were silent. Scott suddenly understood everything. He'd never been angry with Barb but he just noticed that he was still a little resentful.

He felt all those feelings fly out of the window. It was natural that a mother was worried about his boy. He was almost thirty but for Barb, he'd always be her little son who she wanted to keep safe.

"Do you have any questions about it? How it all works?" He asked suddenly and felt Mason's eyes on him.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable" Barb shook her head.

"No, I... I want you to understand everything because your son and Marky are the loves of my life and I don't plan to leave them anytime soon."