Chapter 52: The mistakes we make

Astrid POV

i watch as all the villagers grab their weapons. "Man the catapults!" yells Stoick. Hiccup, Valka, Sofia, Areli, and Aiden land next to him. "Dad whats going on?" says Hiccup confused on why so much commotion. "Astrid over heard Dagur and his men planning an attack. If he is attacking we'll be prepared" says Stoick sternly. "Val you go back home I don't want you getting hurt" says Stoick looking into her eyes. "I'm not going anywhere, if you die we die together" she scolds him. he smiles a bit, "But dad were suppose to keep the peace" interrupts Hiccup. "Peace isn't the answer anymore, if its war he wants he'll get war" says Stoick as he mounts his dragon and flies off to make sure everything is ready.

"Astrid can I talk to you?" says Hiccup nicely. "....sure" i say hesitantly. i walk with Hiccup over behind a house.

i look down, "Astrid what i was trying to say back there at the academy was that i wanted to keep you safe to protect you" he says as he lifts my head with his hands.

"I know you wanna protect me but i can take care of myself too Hiccup i'm not a weakling" i reply. he chuckles, "So are we okay?" he says smiling and kissing my forehead. "Were fine" i reply as i kiss his cheek.

he smiles, "Come on we should get ready" i say as i start walkimg. "Okay" is all he says."some of you over at the docks. The women and the children at the cove, Mulch and Bucket will take you" orders Stoick.

"Hopefully no one dies" i say sadly. "Hopefully. I just don't don't understand" says Hiccup confused, "What don't you understand?" i ask him. "When me and Dagur were kids we were always friends, now he changed in so many ways. he shows no mercy, he kills who ever gets in his way he always gets what he wants" he says frustrated. i put a hand on his shoulder, "people change, all of us do. But Dagur just has something stuck in his brain that he can't let go of, a reason he can't listen" i say a little frustrated myself.

"Guess we'll never know" he says now a smile replacing his frustrated look. "Come on lets go" i say as i whistle for Stormfly. she lands next to me and nudges my hand.

i giggle, "Astrid" says Hiccup already on top of Toothless. "yup" i say as i mount Stormfly. "Be careful out there" he says worriedly. "I will, but try and come back to me in one piece" i say teasingly. "You mean almost all of me" he says with a crooked grin. i just smile, the horn blows 3 times signaling us that they're here.

Hiccup and i both take off into the sky. i can hear Dagur yelling at one of his men, jeez he has issues. "well, well look what we have here" says Dagur annoyingly. i glare at him, he just smirks. "Surrender and no one gets hurt" says Dagur to Hiccup. "Never" says Hiccup. Dagur's expression turns from frustration to anger.

"Fine then" says Dagur as he points straight at me. Flaming arrows come racing towards me and Stormfly. "Stormfly down!" i yell.

she gets down and luckily none of us gets hit. Dagur's men start charging towards Berk. The villagers with their dragons stop them by making a wall of fire with their dragons.

they pick up the berzerkers and throw them into the water.

Hiccup POV

we fly around the island dodging the berzerkers and their traps. "Lets see what you got bud" i say as i pat his head. he growls and keeps flying. all the dragons defending their home.

Toothless shoots a plasma balst at a trap and it explodes. with each shot Toothless's makes more dragons free.

My dad along side his dragon fight off the berzerkers. until Dagur ces from behind my dad and stabs him. "Noooo!!!" me and my mother yell. i land near my dad. he coughs out blood, "Stoick" says my mother with tears in her eyes. Astrid lands beside me and comes to comfort me.