chapter 48: You were here all along

Hiccup POV

i wake up to the sound of Toothless roaring in my ear. "Fine i'm up, i'm up" i say getting out of bed, i change my armor and head down stairs for breakfast. My dad is there polishing his axe.

"Morning Dad" i say as I sit down across from him. "Morning son" he says looking up at me, "Son can i ask you a question?" he says seriously. "Ya sure" i say a bit afraid of what he'll ask me. "I was wondering if you could train some new dragon riders, down at the academy of course you could bring your friends" he says cheerfully. i sigh in relief. "Ya sure thing dad" i say happily.

"They're are some boys some girls" he says eating his breakfast and polishing his axe. "Okay, guess I'll see you tonight?"

"Yes see you tonight" he says getting up and leaving the house. "Well bud, we got a big day ahead of us we better get started" i say patting his head. I'll give June a note for Astrid when she wakes up, hopefully she'll wake up before 10.

i fly on Toothless and drop off the note. then fly off to the academy to meet my students.

Astrid POV

i wake up hearing Toby yelling my name while jumping on the bed. "Get up aunty, uncle Hiccup brought you a note" he says cheerfully. "Can't i have 5 more minutes please?" i say covering my ears with the pillow. "Pwease aunty" he begs. "Fine" i say getting up he jumps up happily and hugs me. "Come on lets go eat" i say getting up.

"I smell eggs and bacon" i say sniffing the air. I can hear June laugh, "Come on better hurry up Astrid you gotta be at the academy in 20 minutes" she says serving me my food. "Wait what?" i say confused, "They're some new dragon riders you guys gotta train or something thats what Hiccup told me" she says as confused as me.

"Okay then" i say eating my food.

***

After i eat i go to my room and change. "Bye June, Bye Toby" i say as i head out the door. "Bye" they say in unison. i whistle for Stormfly who lands right next to me. "Hey girl ready to do some flying?" i ask her. she roars in response. i get in the saddle and fly to the academy.

***

When i get to the academy i put my hood on, so my hair doesn't go flying in my face. when we get inside the academy everyone's eyes are on me. i take off my hood and walk towards Hiccup who's fixing something on Toothless's tail. "Good mornimg m'lady" he says kissing my cheek. "Good morning" i say leaning against Stormfly. "Ready to start class?" he says done fixing Toothless's tail. "Not so much, Toby woke me up by jumping on the bed" i say yawning.

he chuckles. i can see him look behind me, out of the corner of my eye i can see all the boys staring at me, which creeps me out a little. "Let's just start class" i say touching his shoulder. he nods.

"Okay class, today's lesson. Trust" he pauses a bit, "Your going to fall off your dragon and your dragon will catch you" he says patting Toothless head. "Are you crazy thats not gonna happen......unless" says one of the guys looking straight at me. i can see anger in Hiccup's eyes. he looks at me and i look at him. "Anyone dares get near me they'll have an axe stuck in them, so anyone wanna try?" i say crossing my arms. they all look at me with lust and want. i roll my eyes, "anyone?" i ask again, no one answers. "Good now lets get on with class shall we" i say turning to look at Hiccup. i can see him laugh a bit, "Now lets get out there" says Hiccup mountimg Toothless. i get in Stormfly's saddle and we fly up out of the academy and into the sky.

Hiccup POV

it made my blood boil, when i saw every single boy staring at Astrid. until she spoke up and scolded them i laughed a bit making her smile.