Chapter 8: web of lies

Hiccup POV

when we get to the shore she's still breathing but she's unconscious, i get up trying not to knock myself back into the river. "Hiccup are you okay? i hear Heather say behind me. Elsa starts to cough and wake up. "what happened? she asks me still coughing. "you tripped and fell into the river, i went in and tried to save you it worked" i say my arm throbbing. "i'm sorry i'm just not myself today" she says touching her forehead. "its okay come on lets go home" i say getting up, "Hiccup your arm, its bleeding" she says fear in her voice.

i look at my arm, its in its sling bleeding. "i'll be fine" i say even though it hurts. "no you won't just let someone help you" she says tears going down her cheeks. "okay i will, for you" i say wiping tears off her face.

she tries to get up but her legs are scraped and limp. i get up and extend my good arm to help her up. she takes it but she wobbles to get up. "i'm so tired can we go home? she asks me. "ya were all tired" i reply. she keeps wobbling until i steady her. when we get home, Eret picks her up like you would a little girl and takes her inside. "Hiccup can i talk to you?" says Heather touching my shoulder. "Sure but make it quick my arm is killing me" i reply. she pulls me with her near the trees where its hidden. "what do you need? i ask her, but before she can answer my question she leans in and kisses me. i don't pull back, instead i kiss her.

Elsa POV

i thank Eret for taking me inside and go outside to see Hiccup. i spot Hiccup near the trees. i run to him. i stop when i see him kissing Heather. "Hiccup how could you!" i yell at him. he pulls back and looks at me. "No it isn't what it looks like" he replies. "your right you know what i never want to talk to you ever again" i yell at him tears running down my cheeks i start to run he's running after me. i run into the forest and hide myself behind a tree. "Elsa please let me explain!" he yells. i slump down against the tree. i start to cry, i knew it he lied to me this was all a lie. "Elsa" i hear a voice say. i look up, its Eret. he sits next to me. "whats wrong? he asks me, "Hiccup lied he doesn't love me he kissed Heather" i manage to say through tears. "i'm gonna go beat him, he shouldn't have done that!! he yells his hands becoming fists. "maybe its good that i'll be dying in a few days" i say looking at him. "no your wrong you make other people happy like me your like a sister to me" he replies hugging me. i dig my face into his shirt, not wanting anyone to hear me. "its okay i'll take care of it" he says sternly. "no......its......fine......i'll......just.....go......home." i say through breaths. "oh know its happening again" he says helping me up. he walks me home as i close the door to my house, i collapse on the floor.

Hiccup POV

i search for her everywhere but i can't find her. "Hiccup what are you doing? Heather asks me. "Looking for Elsa" i reply a bit annoyed that she kissed me. "Why do you care she's a brat" she says crossing her arms. "No she isn't and don't call her that, i love her" i say the words spilling out of my mouth.

she puts her hands on my cheeks and kisses me again. i pull back, "stop what are you doing? i ask her taking her hands off my face. "i love you Hiccup ever since i met you" she says smiling at me.

"well i don't, i love Elsa" i reply annoyed. "Hiccup!!! someone yells. i turn around and see Eret. "what did you do to Elsa she's crying!! he yells at me. "where is she?! i ask him. "nowhere you'd want to know besides she won't be here long for you to hurt her again!" he yells.

"what do you mean?! i ask him. "the arrow that Noah tried to hit you with contained poison which is now coursing through Elsa's vains and she's dying she's been keeping it a secret from you because she thought it would hurt you but now i see you don't deserve someone like her and that you don't even care about her!!!!! he yells again, "She's dying no that isn't true she can't be i love her" i say trying to take in what he's said. "no you don't if you did you wouldn't have kissed Heather!!!" he replies. he tries to punch me in the face, i dodge him and hit him back. "you don't deserve her!" he yells walking away. "where is she!!?!!? i yell at him. "Home" he replies and walks away. i run to Elsa's house and open the door. when i open it Elsa's on the floor.