Chapter 49: Keep trying

Astrid POV

as i walk down the village with Stormfly by my side i hear screams and see Berzerker soldiers running towards me. i mount Stormfly and take the skies. they shoot arrows, one lands in my arm. Stormfly looks up at me in concern.

"I'll be fine girl" i say even though it really hurts. i pull out the arrow as blood dribbles down my arm. i rip a peice of my shirt and use it as a bandage for my arm.

"Astrid are you okay?" says Hiccup flying up beside me. i try and reassure him i'm fine but he sees me holding my arm. his nostrils flare and all i see in his eyes is anger. "Hiccup no!!" i yell out but he doesn't listen.

he lands right infront of Dagur. oh please Thor, don't let him get hurt, i pray. i tell Stormfly to land near Hiccup and she does. i grab Hiccup's arm and turn him around to face me. "Hiccup please i'll be fine" i say looking into his emerald eyes. but he doesn't listen, "Astrid just stand back" he says turning to face Dagur. tears threaten to fall but i don't let them. instead i grab Hiccup's arm and turn him around again.

"Please" i say on the verge of tears. all i can see in his eyes is anger. he doesn't listen again, instead he pins Dagur to the ground and they start tackling each other.

Stoick comes and sees everything. he grabs Hiccup and another villager grabs Dagur. "Your a coward Hiccup" says Dagur. i walk up to Dagur and slap him. "Just give up already" i say angrily. he spits on the ground, "Never sweetie" he says seductively.

instead of talking back i kick him in between the legs. he drops to the ground moaning in pain. "Thats what you get for not listening" i say sternly. "Dagur I've told you more than once leave now" says Hiccup sternly. "Not without my wife" replies Dagur. Hiccup's eyes are like daggers ready to kill its victim.

"Dagur go now before i through you out myself" says Stoick. Dagur leaves without saying another word. "Hiccup what were you thinking?!" i scold him. "What so i can't protect you!" he snaps. "You could've gotten hurt, but no instead of backing away you didn't listen did you!" i snap at him. "Sometimes you can be so stubborn Hiccup" i say annoyed. "And sometimes you can be so annoying" he says anger filling his eyes. "Fine then be that way" i say mounting Stormfly and taking off into the sky.

***

Hiccup POV

i calm myself down, and i realize i just yelled at Astrid for trying to protect me, from getting hurt. "Son are you okay?" says my dad, "How can i be okay i just yelled at Astrid when she was just trying to stop me from getting hurt" i say regretting everything i said to Astrid.

"I think you should go talk to her, try and clear things up" says my mom trying to cheer me up. "Your right I'll be back" i say mounting Toothless and going after Astrid.

Astrid POV

i fly with Astrid and land in the woods. i lean against the tree and cry, i don't want anyone to see me crying, i don't want them to think i'm a big baby. until warm hands wrap around me.

Hiccup POV

i land next to Stormfly, and see Astrid up against a tree crying, i hated seeing her cry it tore me apart. and it hurt more seeing her cry because of me. she looks up and pushes me away.

"Astrid please i didn't mean to say any of that" i say trying to apologize. "How? i tried to stop you but no you listen to yourself, sometimes you can be so stubborn Hiccup" she says annoyed. as she tries to walk away, i push her up against the tree, "Hiccup please" she says her small hands on my chest trying to push me off. i kiss her instead, its the only thing i could think of doing. she kisses me back, we both pull back after a few minutes. "I'm sorry for everyrhing i said" i say apologizing. "I can't stay mad at you" she says hugging me. "But your so stubborn sometimes" she says a bit annoyed.

i sigh, "Come on lets go back home" i say intertwining our hands together. "Okay" she says wiping the tears off her face. i kiss her forehead, "Come on lets go" i say mounting Toothless and flying into the sky.

~

i really just wanted to make a chapter where theres a cute hiccstrid moment and here it is.

well thats it for now bye my dragon riders/ pepitos.

~Snow302~