Chapter 36: When i need you

Astrid POV

i hold on tight as we fly into the sky, the sky looks so beautiful with the stars and the moon. i rest my head on his shoulder and kiss him on the cheek. "This is beautiful" i say holding on.

he smiles, "Your beautiful" he says looking into my eyes. i blush. while he's holding on i make little braids in his hair.  When we land he helps me down, more like carry me down if you ask me.

we land in a clearing, full of flowers. he holds my hand as we walk and lay down on the grass we end up staring at the stars the whole time were together"Hiccup promise me something" i say holding his hand, "ya" he replies looking into my eyes. "Promise me you'll never leave me" i say staring into his emerald eyes. "I promise" he says kissing my forehead, i smile. when we finally get up to get home we see the flicker of a fire. we keep walking then we see a house burning up people screaming for help.

i look at Hiccup and we both start running. The other villagers are trying to put the fire out, a family struggling to get out. without thinking i run to the house and enter everything being consumed in flames, the people are screaming it scares me but they need help.

when i finally find them i guide them out safely, and when i'm about to leave pieces of wood collapse on the floor. i try and get out but its hard with all the smoke blocking all the air.

Hiccup POV

When the door collapses and she hasn't gotten out i try and go in but the villagers restrain me from going any farther. "Astrid!!!!!!" i yell. i can hear her yelling my name, calling for help and i can't get there to help her.

i keep fighting but there grip is too strong. "Hiccup!!!" she yells again. when i finally break free the house is collapsing and she's inside. Then everything is silent, i can't hear her voice just the murmers of the villagers. no she can't be gone not now. i tell myself, my dad pats my shoulder and says "She's in a better place now" i just walk away and fly on Toothless the whole entire time trying to think that maybe she'll just be flying around somewhere.

and each time only the memories keep coming back to me, and her voice her screaming my name bringing me on the verge of tears.

when i get home everyone is whispering as i pass by. When suddenly someone taps me on the shoulder, i turn around and see June crying. "Hiccup i'm so sorry" she says hugging me, "i'll be okay" i say trying to keep in the tears. "We'll all be okay" she corrects me. i smile a bit, "ya we'll all be okay" i reply. Sooner or later Aaron and Eret come along and we have a big group hug.

they all walk me home and when i get inside i flop down on my bed and fall asleep trying to keep away the nightmares.

~

i even cried while writing this, oh the horror. *Sobs into a pillow* don't look at me.

*Snow302's little sister fills in for her*

so........well she'll updating soon. hopefully. well bye for now my dragon riders/ pepitos.