the moon's aura

November 15, 1987
Belle's POV

"And pink sashes on the white chairs!" Michael shouts with excitement, his eyes lit up.
"No, pink sashes!" I groan as my hands hit my face in frustration.
"What's wrong with pink?" Michael raises his dark, defined eyebrows. "Too girly for you?"
"No, I'm just not feeling a pink wedding." I look down at my feet, as we stroll towards the limo waiting for us outside the forest.
"Well, what are you feeling?" Michael sighs, taking my hand in his.
"Maybe blue?" I shrug.
Michael stays quiet for a short interval, before speaking his busy mind . "Blue. I like that."
"Wait, did... did we just agree on a colour?" I gasp sarcastically, smiling up at Michael. His inky curls gently flow back as the wind, his black fedora keeping his hairstyle in tact. He licks his lips in thought as I admire his entire physique.
"I think blue sounds perfect. Don't you?" He furrows his brows awaiting my approval.
"Yes, lets do it." I blush. My relationship with Michael is a constant honeymoon phase, although it's been what is now months. These months have been the best of my life.

Michael's POV

"Ah! The happy couple!" The driver hollers obnoxiously as he scrolls down the gleaming window. I mentally roll my eyes as I step up into the back of the limo. Belle and I slide across the leather 'C' shaped seats and lay comfortably at the back, side by side. The driver slams the door shut behind us, as Belle and I exchange a shifty look and a nervous giggle.
"Back to the hotel, Belle?" He notice him make eye contact with Belle through the rear view mirror, his messy eyebrows wiggling slightly.

A wave of exhaustion seems to come over Belle and I simultaneously, as we both sigh and appreciate the comfort of a seat. Planning weddings, disagreeing on colours, running in leaves and climbing trees seems to suck the energy out of you.

"Yes, please." Belle smiles briefly at the driver, as I place my hand carefully on her upper thigh, somewhat tightly. I take my fingers and delicately place them under her chin, pulling her head gently upwards. Her eyes lazily look up at me as I softly kiss her hair, which is  fragrant with pomegranate fruits.

The vibrant blood orange colours of the evening sky melt into one another, the sun hanging on its last legs as the day comes to an end. The vision of the dark curly trees blur into one as the limo rolls speedily down the bumpy asphalt. The orange hue flashes on Belle's face as she struggles to keep her eyes open. Belle and I speak little words as we enjoy the soothing faint sound of the tyre's grazing along.

As I step out the car door, I notice the brightness of the sky has deducted to a dark pastel blue; although it still comes as a shock to my tired eyes. The aura of the glowing moon illuminates half of the dark sky, creating a  vibrant shade of Yale blue through the clouds. I turn to see Belle charting to the driver so I decide to lean on the freezing metal limo, my arms crossed, my head held high. I admire the scenery and breathe in the chilled night air for a few minutes until I notice Belle is still talking to him.
"B?" I raise my voice so she can hear me over the busy roads near us, although we have parked behind the building to avoid publicity. She whips her head to face me, as flashes a cute smile over her shoulder. I decide to walk over. "Are you ready...?"
"Yes, sorry. I was just talking to Morris about Australia. It's amazing how much history he knows." She says in awe, grinning in between the driver and I, looking up at our faces much above hers.
"Morris? Is that him?" I point my index finger at his face, my nose scrunched in disgust. To be fair, that was slightly inappropriate.
"That's me, mate! And you must be..?" He frowns, waving his sandwich in his hand as he speaks. "Kidding! I'm just pullin' ya!" He throws his head back in laughter at his own poor joke.
"Ok." I snarl.
"You ready?" Belle takes my hand gently, her cold thin fingers closed within mine. "Bye, Morris."
"Bye, Bel!" He waves dramatically, before stuffing his chunky baguette into his mouth.
"Bye!" I shout sarcastically without turning back to look at him, my free hand waving at him.
"Michael!" Belle chuckles and pulls my waving hand down with her little arms.
"What? I'm just saying bye." I shrug innocently.
"You know what you're doing, babe." Belle shakes her head at the floor as we enter the hotel through the back entrance. "What's you're problem with him anyway?"
"What? I don't have a problem!" I say too enthusiastically, breaking my cover.
"Yeah, yeah. Tell me." She groans with a smirk as we step into the elegant elevator once again, Belle tapping away on the buttons.
"I don't! He just... doesn't seem to have a problem with you." I say, my voice becoming quieter as my sentence comes to an end.
"So, you think if I'm friends with another guy, it's wrong?" She leans on the elevator wall, her brows raised and her arms crossed.
"I never said that! You twisted my words." I throw my hands up in surrender, looking Belle up and down.
"Well?" She speaks.
"He just seems all over you. I honestly don't know how you haven't noticed." I admit, the elevator doors sliding open silently with a pinging sound.
"It's because he isn't." Belle snarls.
"He so is!" I blurt.
"You're so paranoid, it's cute." She patronises me, stroking my curls with sarcasm.
"Stop, he is! Just admit it! You don't see him looking me up and down, do you?" I say while we stroll down the long silent corridor to our suite, the velvet crimson carpet cushioning our strides.
"Michael!" She shouts, sounding rather offended.
"What?" I put my arm around her shoulders, only for it to be thrown back to my side with a force. Sometimes I forget she's so powerful because she's so small.
"That's so disrespectful. I don't appreciate the lack of trust here. I'm telling you there's nothing to worry about." She huffs.
"Okay, okay! I'm sorry." I surrender, pushing open our suite's door to be faced with a beautifully tidied home.
"Thank you, Mike. Now please, drop it." She strops off into the bedroom, leaving me to close and lock the door. He angry strides are hard to take seriously due to her petite stature, but I hold back a smile as that would do nothing but trigger another argument.
I hate to argue with Belle, but I can't just pretend he isn't bothering me.