uncomfortable

Michael's POV

I tiredly drag my feet down the corridor leading to my bedroom, holding Belle in my arms as she sleeps. I push open the door with my foot, walking towards my bed in the centre of the room. Samantha, one of my workers, must have come because my bed is made perfectly. The black silk bedding beckons me as my eyelids become heavier by the second.
I gently lower Belle onto the bed, her body sinking into the soft bedding, her head on the pillow. I drop my clothes to the floor, apart from my underwear, and slip under the cold, silk sheets. Thoughts of today fill my head, it still feeling like some sort of dream.
I look over at Belle, as she shuffles under the cover, her eyes still closed. She looked so exhausted as she struggled to pull her clothes off without moving her head off the pillow. Her jogging bottoms reached just below her knees, before she gave up and lay still, continuing to doze off. I quietly chuckled at her tiredness, as I reached under the duvet and removed her trousers myself. I pulled them down her legs, off her feet, and threw them off the bed. She sighed, and shuffled towards me, her head cradling to my chest. I put my arm around her, and rested my head on hers. Her warm breaths sent chills round my body, as I couldn't help but smile.
"Goodnight, my love." I whisper, biting my lower lip as my eyes stay tightly shut. I get a faint hum in response, I knew she was too tired to string a sentence together.
————
The Next Morning . . .
*BELLES POV*
I woke up to the sound of Michael showering in the ensuite, the water splashing down onto the tiles as he hums a tune. I love waking up to that sound.
I spread my arms out on the silky bed and stretch, overcome by the feeling of pure joy and contentment. I haul myself out of bed and slide on Michael's blue slippers, that were much too big for me. Shuffling out the bedroom, I tighten the waist string on my silk dressing gown and go downstairs.
"Belle!" I hear, an overexcited female squeal. I furrow my brows and rub my eyes as I walk down the stairs. Who is possibly so awake this early?
I soon see, it's Janet.
"Janet!" I shout back. I haven't seen this girl in what feels like forever, she's one of the only people I would call a true friend. We talk on the phone sometimes.
"How are you, baby girl?" She says, walking over to me with a smile. Her braids are tied back into a high ponytail with a white band, her silver hoops earrings down to her shoulders.
"I'm so good! How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I say, sitting down on a stool at the kitchen counter.
"Tell me about it. Where's Mike?" She says, pouring herself a glass of orange juice from the fridge.
"Shower." I respond while taking a banana from the wooden fruit bowl in the centre of the island.
"You guys, made it official?" She says with a wink, continuing her drink.
"You're his sister! Isn't that weird?" I exclaim at her cheeky question, my eyes wide as I throw my hands about in embarrassment.
"Not for me and Mike, we're tight. So have you? Don't try change subject, girl." She says, with a sassy tone. She looks and sounds just like Michael at this point.
I keep eating my banana as my eyes scan the room awkwardly. She looks directly at me, as her jaw drops.
"You have!" She exclaims, sitting on the stool beside me. I begin to laugh awkwardly. "When?"
"A few days ago, we were in the limo and-" I begin explaining, only to be interrupted by the man himself.
"Morning ladies! Hey, dunk." Michael says, walking in joyfully. He's wearing a red t-shirt tucked into black skinny trousers. His wet curls fall onto his shoulders delicately, as he flashes us a smile.
"Hey Mike. We were just talking about you." Janet says with a smirk, as she gets up from the stool to put her glass in the sink.
Michael comes up behind me and puts his arms round me, kissing my cheek. "All good things?" He says, smiling. His wet hair drips onto me, sending shivers down my body. I begin to blush, due to mine and Janet's conversation topic.
"I don't know, we never got that far." Janet says, winking at me again. Michael sits down in the stool beside me and looks at my blushing face, with a frown. Then at Janet's mischievous expression.
"What?" He says, looking suspiciously at us both. "You have to tell me now."
"No, no we don't. Let's get breakfast." I say, desperately trying to avoid an awkward conversation. I was failing, clearly, as it was already awkward.
"Let's just say, I am not going in you're limo anytime soon." Janet says, raising her hands above her head in surrender.
Michael quickly flashes me a look, as if to say 'is she talking about what I think she is?' I just smile at him, then at the floor, frowning in embarrassment.
"Right, I think breakfast is a good idea. I'll go call Marie." Michael says, swiftly walking out the room.
I widen my eyes at Janet and raise my eyebrows, only to get a chuckle in return.
"You've embarrassed the poor guy!" I say, smiling.
"He's always embarrassed." Janet smirks, as she crunches her teeth into an apple. "You met Marie?"
I nod and roll my eyes.
"I know. She's annoying as hell." Janet scoffs, making me laugh. I'm glad it's not just me.
"I don't know what it is about her." I say, frowning.
"Maybe the fact she's all over Michael, and always has been?" She says, raising her dark defined eyebrows.
"Oh, that's it." I chuckle.
"Anyway, what are you guys up to today?" She says, shrugging.
"I don't know yet, probably something round Neverland." I say, still feeling lucky to say that.
"Can I tag along? I need a day off." She pleads, with a tired expression.
"Of course. I'll go get ready now, apparently we're having breakfast soon." I say with a hint of sarcasm.
Janet laughs as I walk out the room, trying not to fall in Michael's slippers. I stumble up the first step of the staircase, to hear someone laugh.
"There are my slippers!" Michael giggles from behind me, "Aren't they a bit big?"
"Just a few sizes, but my feet were cold." I chuckle, continuing to try to traipse up the wooden stairs.
"They look cute on you." He says, walking behind me with his big hands on my shoulders.
"Mhmm." I hum with a smile, knowing they definitely did not look cute on me. I felt like a fish trying to walk.