Chapter 28

CHECK OUT THE MARINES DAUGHTER

Hillary ---------->

 The rest of the week went my fairly fast. I called Dad after school on Monday to see how he was, I told him about my date with Ashton with him and how it went. I could tell Dad accepted Ashton almost immediately since he did know him through Taylor and met Ashton a few times while he was home, which I was excited about. Technically Ashton and I weren’t labeled as boyfriend and girlfriend but it was nice knowing that Dad gave me his okay. Dad had also shared that there was a chance that he wouldn’t be able to make it home for Christmas this year due to work, which was disappointing because Taylor I missed him more than words could describe.

Taylor wasn’t home during most of the week because of soccer conditioning and he had done some last minute Christmas shopping and if he was ever home, he was working on homework or sleeping. I’m sure he was more than happy to start winter break so he had a chance to relax.

For the past few days it had been snowing nonstop and so far we had about six inches on the ground. The trees remained dusted in white while the roads were cleared and there was a wall of snow lining the sides of the streets.

As of right now I was standing in front of a store in the mall deciding on what to get Ashton for Christmas. I knew I had to make a decision soon because they were closing early but I had absolutely no clue what to get him. Turning away from the display case I strolled down the large aisle along with other people doing last minute shopping until the Nike store came into my line of vision.

Making my way to the entrance of the store, I was greeted by a guy named Steve who was in his early twenties. You could tell he was eager to get home by the way he was so willing to help me with my purchase. By the time I bought what I needed I excited the mall feeling excited and slightly nervous for tonight.

“What time is he coming?” Taylor asked leaning against the counter taking a sip of the hot chocolate I made us.

“He said he would arrive around seven thirty, I’m not sure. I’m thinking of cancelling because of the snow falling. I don’t want him to crash or something.”  I explained.

Supposedly we were expecting about another four inches of snow tonight and I was worried about Ashton crashing into something since I knew the roads were slick even though they were cleared and salted down. “You really like him, don’t you?” Taylor asked after a moment.

Meeting his gaze I nodded me head slightly, tracing my finger around the rim of my mug; the steam of the hot liquid hitting the palm of my hand. Taylor sighed and ran one of his hands over his face and put his own cup down and faced me. “Just be careful okay Hills? I don’t want you getting hurt.”

I smirked at his kindness, “Aw is my brother getting protective?”

Taylor’s face became serious and I put my hands up in surrender. “I’m serious Hillary.”

“I’ll be okay Taylor, trust me.” I said, taking a sip from my cup.

Taylor huffed and grabbed his mug and took a big gulp of his hot chocolate. “Just promise me you’ll be rational with anything the two of you get into okay? I don’t want a niece or a nephew anytime soon.”

Spitting out my drink over the counter I looked at Taylor horrified. “W-what, h-how.” I stammered.

“I’m serious I don’t think Dad would be that happy either, I mean having a grand-“