Chapter 27

CHECK OUT THE MARINES DAUGHTER

Picture: Ashton 

I woke up Monday morning excited and a bit nervous at the same time. The date with Ashton last night was incredible and I didn’t know how to go about seeing him today. Should I go up and give him a hug, or wait for him to approach me? Frustrated, I hopped off my bed and went into the bathroom to freshen up and apply my makeup.

We only had three days of school this week since Christmas break started Thursday and Christmas was on Sunday, so I decided to dress up a little bit to get into the spirit. I chose and navy blue sweater and a pair of jeans that I would match with a chestnut colored boots. Pairing it with some jewelry and styling my hair to my liking, I jogged down stairs to grab some cereal.

Taylor, like always, was already sitting on a stool stuffing his face with about half the box of our Cheerios. “Grayson’s picking me up today since we have a two and a half hour conditioning after school, so you can drive the car.”

“Okay.” I said grabbing the milk out of the refrigerator.

“Oh, and,” Taylor started clearing his throat, “Dad called last night to say hi while you were out on your date. So, when you get back make sure you give him a call. He had some question or something to ask you.”

“Did he give you the number he called from?” I asked, “Because you know he switches them all the time.”

“It’s on the caller ID.” He said standing up and walking over to the sink to dump his dishes in. “He was surprised when I told him you were on a date.”

My cheeks reddened a bit knowing that Dad knew I was on a date. I was his little girl, and I don’t think he’d like the thought of me seeing someone, “Oh really? What did he say?” I asked paying attention to my cereal falling into my bowl.

“He said that if anything happens to you, I have every right to kill him.” Taylor said with a proud smirk chuckling at me.

Raising my eyebrow apprehensively I looked at him in disbelief. “Even if he’s your best friend?”

“Even if he’s my best friend.” Taylor repeated, nodding his head.

There was a honking noise coming from outside and Taylor started to put on his coat. “That’s Grayson. I’ll see you later on.”

Giving me a quick kiss on the head he grabbed his duffle bag and back pack and left the house. Smiling I ate leaning against the counter staring into space. I really don’t think life could be any better at the moment.

About fifteen minutes later I pulled up into to school parking lot. It was snowing softly as I stepped out of the warm car, and walked to the trunk. Today Carson and Grace decided we would gift exchange before we went to class so I brought their bags with me to school.

Once I had them, I pulled my hood up from my coat over my head to protect my hair from becoming damp from all of the snow. Slamming the trunk door down I, made my way through the hectic parking lot and into the school.

 I kept my eyes open for Ashton as soon as I started walking through the hallways. “Hillary!” Someone called from behind me. Stopping I turned to see Grace and Carson jogging over to me.

“Hey guys.” I said smiling.

“How was your date?” Grace asked tackling me into a hug.

Laughing I let her go and gave Carson his hug, “It was really nice.” I said, even though saying the date was just ‘nice’ was an understatement.